Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Wanted to buy 46' mid 80's Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/ar...p/t-21701.html

Stumbles across the thread I spoke of so here it is. Hope link works.
    Saltshaker Capt Dave Capt Tony shame they’re no longer here.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/ar...p/t-21701.html

Stumbles across the thread I spoke of so here it is. Hope link works.
    Thanks a bunch Madhatter! I am constantly amazed at the quality of the folks on this site. Hard to believe there are still people who will give so much of themselves to basic strangers.

Cheers,
    Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    I have a 1984 46HP series II we could part with, kids and sports are preventing us from using her as much as we would like to. She's not perfect but we ran her Easter Sunday and spent the night on her too. $70K as is/where is
    Hello Sonic! I would definitely be interested in learning more about her. Please, if you get a minute, PM me with some details and pictures....also a location. Not looking for perfect. Have a good bit of faith in the posters here on Sams. I'm sure she's presentable!

Thanks,
    Vince

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Hello,

Is this the same Vince that was interested in my 42c before covid? I hope you and family are well. Do you still have that fast trawler and downsizing?

Walt Hoover
    Hello Walt, ole' bean!

Yes, this "Vince" is one and the same! How have you been? Well, I hope!

So, that fast trawler was never the boat for me. It was something that the wife wanted to try....something we could pack a bunch of grandkids in. I couldn't wait until I could get back into a convertible. Plus, once you've owned a Hatteras, everything else pales in comparison. Just sold the boat, after having her on the market for a while. Had a good survey and "like new" stats on the engine survey. We turned 24 Kts on the pins after coming out of the lift scales at just under 60K lbs loaded!

I believe I saw somewhere that you sold that nice 42. Real pride of ownership there! You were looking for something much bigger. How did that work out for you?

Thanks for saying "hi"! I've thought about you often, after Covid made our business so difficult.

Regards,
    Vince

One thing surprising to me reading Dave’s comments was that his buddy with the 45 series 2 would take spray on the bridge while he was bone dry in his 46. I’ve found that on all the 46s I’ve run that you only get wet when it’s raining. Coming from my old 50 that throws spray clear over the tuna tower being dry on the bridge without a full enclosure is a real treat.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

In a thunderstorm off Egmont key with large waves going multiple directions I got a wave "blast" over the bridge. Front enclosure window was open because I chose to have visibility over comfort. Water smacked the back of my head as I turned. Got drenched. Wife got wet and I was no longer a superhero in the dogs eyes.

But I think that can happen to any boat under the right (wrong) circumstances. It is generally a dry boat but can get spray on the bridge if adjustments are not made on windy choppy days.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP