Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: 1985 45' Hatteras tricked out for sale, owner wants to move up

I look forward to see her when I go there with the 45C Fog Cutter I bought in May

Now catching Blue Marlin in Pinas Bay Panama with the Tropic Star customers. How cool
    Attached Images

Great photos of you enjoying your boats and fishing. Pity you find the need to kill rather than tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Great photos of you enjoying your boats and fishing. Pity you find the need to kill rather than tag.
    I'm a big proponent of fillet and release. Killing for trophy no. Kill and eat yes.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Most of the fish caught in these 3rd world country's will be eaten by the locals. Still a pity to put a game fish on the dock.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    He didn't. That's the boat that he sold. I'm guessing that photo was sent to him by the new owners.
    Jack Sardina

I think so, too. The boat is now in Panama, from what I read.

The boat was sold to Tropic Star in Panama. The Polarizer crew is release only unless they were fishing a tourney like the White Marlin Open or Mid-Atlantic.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I sold that boat and was not on it, as was mentioned by one of the earlier posts. lets be a little realistic, not every single fish survives.
    The great family and resort have a no kill policy unless its a world record, check out their website http://www.tropicstar.com/fishing/conservation.html. There are plenty of videos out there where you can watch them revive tired fish
    Marlin fishermen have come a long way over the last 20 years, and conservation is on the forefront of all of our minds.
    In my 35 years of marlin fishing and having caught many, I have only harvested 3. One was my first when I was 15, a second was another friends first when he was 35 and one during the White Marlin open when it was going to be worth over a $1,000,000.00 which my son caught
    Both my boys had released their first whites and Blue marlin which traditionally was acceptable, but to them, conservation is equally as important.
    check out my video on the opening message I started here. We have a lot more to worry about in our fishery then the few that die by recreationals.
    check out the long liners and perse siene operations in that region and others. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if_dnDWJRR8
    Last edited by polarizer; 01-14-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Hook and line guys will never put a dent in any fishery ith the commercial guys that do all the damage. In the early 70's the boats I mated on that did overnight trips would run in to the 40 fathom line to tile fish. By the mid to late 70's we found out there were swordfish to be had out in 1000 fathoms particularly in the "alligator bites"of the canyons. August 23 1980 I put 9 swordfish on the boat plus released 12 white Marlin that day. By 1985 the Jap long liners moved in with 30-40 miles of gear and factory ships processing the catch. Marlin tuna sharks those damn japs killed them all. By summer of 1986 I made 7 offshore trips and never saw a fish the canyons were cleaned out and the Japs moved on. I pointed the bow south and never looked back. Things up there have come back but it only takes a couple years of these ocean rapists to destroy it again. Watch a couple episodes of whale wars to see what kind of pricks these Japs really are. Think about that before you hand your money over to Toyota or Lexus!
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present