Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Portside list?

Re: Portside list?

Anyone know if a 55C has any ballast. I have a slight list to starboard. The generator has been replaced and perhaps is lighter on port side. A water maker with a heavy electric motor was added to starboard but otherwise it all seems stock. I did find also that the transformers are located starboard behind the paneling in salon.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Anyone know if a 55C has any ballast. I have a slight list to starboard. The generator has been replaced and perhaps is lighter on port side. A water maker with a heavy electric motor was added to starboard but otherwise it all seems stock. I did find also that the transformers are located starboard behind the paneling in salon.
    Look outside stringers under mufflers.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Look outside stringers under mufflers.
    Engine room or cockpit?

Do you have a tender with outboard on the port side? Any chance you can turn it around?

How about the holding tank on the starboard side of the generator room? What happens to the list when it is full?

Do you have the original 40 gallon water heater in the master stateroom closet? Mine finally died after 40+ years and I replaced it with two 11 gallon marine units on the starboard side of the generator room. List is gone!
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Engine room or cockpit?
    Cockpit. Really hard to pullout if they are shoved fwd. since I had counter ballast on port I removed some there as well. Extra weight on starboard was from davit and removal of standby 20KW generator from stbd. side.
    Last edited by racclarkson@gmail.com; 03-16-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Cockpit. Really hard to pullout if they are shoved fwd. since I had counter ballast on port I removed some there as well. Extra weight on starboard was from davit and removal of standby 20KW generator from stbd. side.
    Thanks I will look there. I don't think mine ever had a standby generator but if so its listing to that side so removing it didnt help. The motor for my water maker is pretty large. Probably 150# or so.

On the 58 YF the water heater is in the engine room on strbd.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

I have a 65c open bridge. I also have a good port side list. All tanks are centerline, 2 gens behind each engine. I cannot find a way to correct. Is there a chance there is lead to port on mine?

I will take Roberts advice and look in cockpit, but there is an 1100 gallon fuel tank there. Not sure how much visibility I have.

I have been working in engine room, so I know there is no lead there. Unless there is and I cannot see it.

Thanks,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Tales View Post
    I have a 65c open bridge. I also have a good port side list. All tanks are centerline, 2 gens behind each engine. I cannot find a way to correct. Is there a chance there is lead to port on mine?

I will take Roberts advice and look in cockpit, but there is an 1100 gallon fuel tank there. Not sure how much visibility I have.

I have been working in engine room, so I know there is no lead there. Unless there is and I cannot see it.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Depstech time maybe.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

That is why I love this site. I was thinking maybe Gopro on a telescopic handle, did not even think of the Depstech.

Problem is, if I fine lead ingots, can I get them out...

Thanks Robert,

Tim