Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Old Jack Hargrave designs--not Hatteras

Not the one , but similar.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Disregard the Burger reference above . It supposedly was built by Argosy in Lantana .
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Don’t forget the Halamatic 64
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    That old Burger design is what pushed me to the 48' Yachtfish. Similar lines but in a smaller, more affordable package. Not to mention fiberglass.
    An old Burger with a cockpit will always be my favorite.

I remember meeting Hargrave when I was very young. I remember going to his office in West Palm Beach with my dad. I was kind of disappointed because he had some models of the boats he was or had designed but nothing Hatteras there. I don’t remember if it was before or after my dad bought the 34. We then went to Rybovitch and met John Rybovitch. Even as a little kid it was incredible. He had this huge handmade desk in his office that no doubt was made in the shop. Rybovitch was modifying 34’s taking out the Chryslers and putting in Seamasters which were large Ford truck engines. I think they were 534 cu in.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Wow, beautiful lines on that 92 footer. The icing on the cake is the crow’s nest on the forward mast!!

Nordic Star was donated a few years ago to the Orange college/UCI donation program in Newport Beach. I know they had it for sale recently, but I don’t know if it sold. They keep their boats in immaculate condition and sell them with a lease purchase program for 3 years. That donation program has been incredibly successful for years and they receive many great and famous boats including some of Disney’s racing sailboats.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

beautiful boats. So nice and majestic. I won't even go to boat shows anymore. They are now RV's on the water. Sure still probably some fine boats being built these days but not at the St Pete boat show. I am glad I own 2 classic pieces of history. Well 3 if I count my 68 Firebird which is coming out awesome. Maybe 4 if I count myself. But I'm a relic and certainly not majestic!
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    My 46' Matthews 1970 was a Hargrave design, hull built by Halmatic in England to Lloyds specs. It was a handsome, wonderful pedigreed boat. But my 1966 Hatteras 41 TCMY is better.
    I remember that boat- it was nice, but the Hatteras IS better.