Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Removal of State Room Door Jamb

Replacing appliances as they wear out is an ongoing process. It's disturbing that the designers of most
    boats don't take this into consideration when they plan the details of a boat. It makes me think that
    few, if any of them actually ever owned a boat. If they did they had to be brand new boats that rarely
    needed to have appliance changes. What would it have taken to make the door openings just a little
    bigger? Idiots......

Walt

Thumbs down Re: Removal of State Room Door Jamb

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Replacing appliances as they wear out is an ongoing process. It's disturbing that the designers of most
    boats don't take this into consideration when they plan the details of a boat. It makes me think that
    few, if any of them actually ever owned a boat. If they did they had to be brand new boats that rarely
    needed to have appliance changes. What would it have taken to make the door openings just a little
    bigger? Idiots......

Walt
    Don’t hold back Walt. Lol you are so correct.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

You know, for what this is going to cost in time and money, you could just buy a lot of clothing. Just saying.

Just kidding, too.

I am actually surprised that in many cases, the appliances will fit out through the salon staircase. That was a worry of mine when I first joined the site. In this case though, the stairway seems to prevent it. On my 53, even the fridge (without its door) can exit to the salon if lifted up over the back of the aft dinette bench. I wouldn't have thought that possible until I measured everything. Of course, it will take a few guys to make that maneuver.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Here are some pics of the old ALL-In-One laundry center installed. I was able to remove the dryer from the top and get it out in one piece. However, the washer was a little more stubborn and got to meet my friends sawsall and Fein tool....

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Here was a couple unexpected surprises related to the dryer..... the vent hose was VERY clogged... and the vent hose was not connected well at the hull side...

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    Here was a couple unexpected surprises related to the dryer..... the vent hose was VERY clogged... and the vent hose was not connected well at the hull side...

Attachment 35209

Attachment 35210
    Just one more example of some idiot working close to quitting time at the factory. I actually made a
    flange for mine that enabled me to remove and re install for cleaning purposes. Very simple....like the
    simple minds that took the original short cut. I would expect to see something like that on a Bayliner
    but not on a Hatteras.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Just one more example of some idiot working close to quitting time at the factory. I actually made a
    flange for mine that enabled me to remove and re install for cleaning purposes. Very simple....like the
    simple minds that took the original short cut. I would expect to see something like that on a Bayliner
    but not on a Hatteras.

Walt
    Walt,
    I think it was originally secured. It looks like the hose degraded over the years from water getting in the opening and heat cycling, and time. Its an old hose.

And this is no Bayliner.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Walt,
    I think it was originally secured. It looks like the hose degraded over the years from water getting in the opening and heat cycling, and time. Its an old hose.

And this is no Bayliner.
    Sky-

You are correct... looked like the hose was orignal... 43 years old....
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL