Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Still looking for a 53' or 58' in the Lake Huron, Lake St. Clair area.

My budget is $125 to $150k, does anyone have any leads?

Re: Still looking for a 53' or 58' in the Lake Huron, Lake St. Clair area.

In the current market, buyers are paying "out of the book" money for nice boats. At the same time, there is almost no market for a project boat. Unless you are very lucky, or very quick when new inventory hits the web, your budget IMHO is not likely to get you what you want. If you hanen't already, sign up for an alert on YW that e-mails you when something new posts. Those alerts are about a day late though.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    In the current market, buyers are paying "out of the book" money for nice boats. At the same time, there is almost no market for a project boat. Unless you are very lucky, or very quick when new inventory hits the web, your budget IMHO is not likely to get you what you want. If you hanen't already, sign up for an alert on YW that e-mails you when something new posts. Those alerts are about a day late though.
    Yes, agreed all the "non project" ones seem to be near or above $200, I have watched a few start high, then drop to the 150-180 range and they are selling it seems once they hit that range.

There are a couple on the east coast in that range that look decent in that range, probably won't last long! Maybe I gotta make a trip. Ooops make that one on the east coast, the other is already pending.

Bob,

There is a sweet 52 MY (1995 or 96) in my marina that the owner has said he is prepared to sell. The owner is in the fiberglass fabrication business (bus parts) and he made a beautiful european style integrated stern staircase and swim platform on the boat a few years ago. it has bow and stern thrusters, but it is not stabilized. It is in very nice shape. if you send me a private message with your email address i will send you some photo's and a contact for him (he is from Winnipeg). I bought his old boat when he bought the 52. His boat is a dock queen and is on the hard 7 1/2 months a year.

the boat could be truck transported to Thunder Bay (500 km) fairly easily (no underpasses to navigate) and then sailed to Lake Huron. It's Now in Canada so I don't know if that is good news (Can$$) or bad news (reimporting it back into the US).

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC, Hull #377