Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New house bank

Re: New house bank

One Deka 8D sealed FLA at Pasco was $198.00 last weekend. Hard to beat that I think.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Three Group 24s will fit set in sideways. 31s will not. I don't know about 27s.for what you would spend to do all those cables, you could hire it done, and just put 8Ds in, as Scott pointed out.
    You guys certainly have a good point but not sure where I can hire someone so most likely would have to do it myself.
    Captain Paul Stich
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC

I was actually thinking of something like 3 24’s in each box for a start bank. What about 6 volt golf cart batteries for a house bank? Thought someone would mention that.
    Captain Paul Stich
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC

I did that with trojan T-875 batts 8 volt. new cabling required. went from 2 boxes to 1. watering system from flow rite also.
    Had DC battery ship them to me.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Paul View Post
    I was actually thinking of something like 3 24’s in each box for a start bank. What about 6 volt golf cart batteries for a house bank? Thought someone would mention that.
    I figured if I said that, someone would chime in that they are deep cycle batteries and not starting batteries. 66 lbs each.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

We have some purists who object to golf cart batteries, but everyone who has tried them, including myself, has been satisfied. Mine are six years old and start the 8v71tis easily. Four of them fit perfectly in one original battery box.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    I figured if I said that, someone would chime in that they are deep cycle batteries and not starting batteries. 66 lbs each.
    I want deep cycle batteries for my house bank. I’m thinking maybe 6 group 24 start batteries for my start bank.
    Captain Paul Stich
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Paul View Post
    I want deep cycle batteries for my house bank. I’m thinking maybe 6 group 24 start batteries for my start bank.
    Put an AD on Facebook market place for one or two to move heavy batteries for 1
    $50 each or less. you'd be surprised how many would respond with in 20min.

Just installed 5 8Ds today. Two for starting and three for house.
    Captain Paul Stich
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC