Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: 53 Hatteras Values 101

Quote Originally Posted by tellico View Post
    Curious - is there a definition of a "project boat" in the broker world? And what is "way too late"?
    Yes, it's a boat they don't really want to show unless you're completely nuts and have cash.

As of Saturday Sea Princess is under contract. No, not me.

Quote the broker:"It was a great price so it didn't take long to get sold......."

That same broker told me it did 26kt on it's sea trial in August and I could fix the deck myself for $300.

"Under contract" v. "sold" are very different things. Will be interested how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by tellico View Post
    "Under contract" v. "sold" are very different things. Will be interested how it plays out.
    Indeed. He has my number, will call me when, sorry if, the deal falls through. I want to look at it just for the learning experience. It's only 3 hours away.

This thing is going to keep the surveyor's kids fed for quite some time.......
    Last edited by oscarvan; 12-15-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Does anyone here have access to sold prices data?

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Very close to my situation back 15 + years ago I bought mine so I had a good boat when I was done just not a redone boat. Learned that one from experience. So here it is 15 years later and I have the top side sanded done again and side windows ripped out of her because I didn't do that 15 years ago. Back then they were 5 years old and the boat had so many leaks I didn't know they were also part of it since they were just re-done Yes re-done but not done correctly Big difference.
    Anyway the other day I am ordering up epoxy, primer, sand paper and some other supply's so that and the window frames and glass is 2 Boat bucks and I just started plus my time. In my head added up the money over the years and was saying oh shit then I thought about the 15 years of GOOD times all the places I have been friends I have made because of the boating life and divided that by 15 and realized it was a good Deal money well spent and I am getting her ready for another 15 years +

So like many other have said its not always about the $$$$$.
    For me this is this is the time to do it better than the last time so it will take me to my final journey.
    I think its money well spent.
    Just wanted to let you know how much I love this post.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Does anyone here have access to sold prices data?
    No one that I know of....
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    No one that I know of....
    Maybe you should ask your broker
    Jack Sardina

Don't brokers have to pay for that?

Its probably not cheap either.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.