Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: The horizontally challenged person who self ID as a female hasn’t sung yet

https://youtu.be/06-9leYioUI
    A1A / riverfront in St Aug this morning. There was a kayak paddling down A!A an hour ago.
    Water just over the side walk now draining. It was another foot higher a few hours ago.
    I do not think the water got into the front door, close but not.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 11-10-2022 at 12:21 PM.

Here in Satsuma, This mornings flood was just inches below Ian's level last month. Tonight may be our big flood, but we still should be fine.

Getting reports and pictures of a rag boat at anchor, catching fire across from Saddler Point Marine. Fire boat did not mess around, Sank the boat in a minute.

Huckins yard did it's usual flood to the gate. Tomorrow they will be back to their usual mayhem,, they call working..

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Track for Nicole is gradually shifting north, now highest probs are cocoa beach and Patrick AFB. It also gives it more time to intensify over the stream. 1PM has the wind up to 60mph already.
    Wouldn't this be a vertically challenged person?

I think I’ve been through 9 or 10 now I seem to be a magnet it was pretty minimal wind and rain wise we had worse winds from Ian that got to Yehaw junction about 30 miles west before turning north. I just put in a new sea wall and raised it 12” might not have been enough. I built the dock when I bought the house in 89 and I’m on the list for replacement but everybody is way behind.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Couple more from Vero Beach. The eye came through about 3am. I’m always amazed how the wind goes from roaring to dead calm in minutes. Then comes back from the opposite direction
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Wouldn't this be a vertically challenged person?
    I think either applies the same. But horizontally is most appropriate.

Having been fat I think I am allowed to comment on this . in my MX racing days as the years went by I got.....Well chunky. My friends would comment, Mike you're in shape. Rounds a shape! What are friends for?
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

These days the covid diet has me down to 188. But now I am theoretically faster on my YZ125. At least uphill! Skill level is still "Squid"
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Scott mentioned that Ed and I were/are in Stuart when Nichole hit. Indeed we were/are. Much to my surprise, we came through without a single scratch, and I have to give credit to Ed (egaito on the HOF) for his awesome assistance and management. We weren’t supposed to be in this situation. We had just come out of Hurricane storage (Aug through Oct) and were on our way home when this erupted. The boat is just too slow to outrun anything or make quick decisions. She runs at about 10 mph at best with one engine and a tiny rudder and tiny prop. Nevertheless, we saved her and that’s what is important.

I just had her detailed, and post-hurricane, she still shines. She ain’t a Hatteras by a long shot, and that’s what scared the crap out of me getting caught in the eye of the storm. We were on the very southern part of the storm’s large eye. I can’t believe we came out of this unscathed. Really...can’t believe it.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Before the storm...
    Attached Images
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

We were on a t-head with no way to tie off to anything but our starboard side. Did the west we could. I wrote my phone number on my brand new dinghy since it had no numbers on it. Fortunately we found “Bubbles” (the dinghy) right were we left her....and her brand new motor was still on the flybridge, too.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"