Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: My offer accepted on a 45C

Congratulations buddy

Sea Trial survey and oil samples taken today. Looks like the deal will go through. My thanks to John, Scarlett for priceless advise and a thorough survey.
    Mike
    Attached Images

Maybe one of the best deals on a boat I have seen in all my years of surveying. Needs some work but will be a great boat. Great to meet you Mike.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

She doesn't look cosmetically challenged from here. Perhaps I'm not picky enough She looks rather nice, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    She doesn't look cosmetically challenged from here. Perhaps I'm not picky enough She looks rather nice, actually.
    Challenge is the foredeck and cockpit. She was used to do diving charters by a previous owner.
    The good a newer 20KW genset to run the huge dive tank compressor which will be removed and sold if there is any interest must weigh 1000 lbs.
    The bad the cockpit deck is beat up bad from banging dive tanks off it. Will need to be repainted.
    Foredeck will need to be repainted as well.
    Hull and bottom paint was a big surprise. Originally thought the bottom paint would need to be done right away and anticipated hull was going to need paint. Turns out neither is true. Canvas and isinglass is going to need some work as well.

She was in far better condition than originally thought but will require a bit of work.
    IMG_2597.jpg

For what you were gonna have to pay for those Spanish lessons, you can fix a bunch. You can send the tapes back, right?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

You are going to enjoy the boat. We are going into the third season with our 45c and love her.
    Last edited by Seapig100; 05-12-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapig100 View Post
    You are going to enjoy the boat. We are going into the third season with our 45c and love her.
    You may be able to answer a couple questions for me. Trying to find the size of the 3 fuel tanks. I know total is 650.

Also curious on the black water tank capacity.

My 37 was fine for 3 people but a bit small for more. I was really glad when this 45 showed up in striking distance price wise. Seems to be the perfect size for my needs.
    Mike

Mine is a 69 and the port and starboard tanks are 150 each and the center tank is 250. The generator takes its fuel from the center tank. The black water tank was installed in the 80’s and is only 15 gallons. I run at 8 knots and burn 6 gallons an hour on average, never have ran her at speed except to blowout the engines occasionally. The previous owner told me she burns 45 an hour at 18 knots.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapig100 View Post
    Mine is a 69 and the port and starboard tanks are 150 each and the center tank is 250. The generator takes its fuel from the center tank. The black water tank was installed in the 80’s and is only 15 gallons. I run at 8 knots and burn 6 gallons an hour on average, never have ran her at speed except to blowout the engines occasionally. The previous owner told me she burns 45 an hour at 18 knots.
    Thanks for the information.
    I was anticipating a little higher burn so if I burn 6 gallons/hr at 8 knots I'm a happy guy. She will usually be run at 8 to 9 knots. On the sea trial the 8v71's seemed happiest at 8 to 10 knots.