Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: FLL Bound With Robby

We quickly looked at the 53 in Chatt since it was so close to the house. Now I will probably never talk my wife back to a Convertible. The twins kept us from proceeding, so I was wondering what it would have taken to convert. Dockmate said she would still get up on plane.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    We quickly looked at the 53 in Chatt since it was so close to the house. Now I will probably never talk my wife back to a Convertible. The twins kept us from proceeding, so I was wondering what it would have taken to convert. Dockmate said she would still get up on plane.
    So, now I have to find TWO 53MY’s?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

This one is on my list..... I'm not ready yet but it looks like a decent boat in the pictures. I know it's the wrong end of the country but it might be worth it......

https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/1...assic-3585802/
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    This one is on my list..... I'm not ready yet but it looks like a decent boat in the pictures. I know it's the wrong end of the country but it might be worth it......

The Baltimore/Maryland area seems to be home to a lot of very clean vessels, or just really good photographers. I just can't sell myself on that long trip home to Tennessee.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Theres a huge difference in ride and room between the convertible and the motoryacht.

Many motoryachts will not plane or will barely plane in comparison to a 52c which will do so easily.

Its also a big change in stability as the convertible has a much lower cog.

Your call (or is it your wife's) on which best suits your needs.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Also just saw the twin bed master.... oops, my bad.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    The Baltimore/Maryland area seems to be home to a lot of very clean vessels, or just really good photographers. I just can't sell myself on that long trip home to Tennessee.
    Keep in mind I can look at boats up here for you. I am not surveyor and I don't do this for a living, but I'm happy to help out a fellow HOF member.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Keep in mind I can look at boats up here for you. I am not surveyor and I don't do this for a living, but I'm happy to help out a fellow HOF member.
    Boat triage patient triage the order of logic should be similar.Lol
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

i did the conversion to my 58yf just like pascal described, it took about 2 weeks working evenings after i got off of work, most expensive part was the sheets of mozambique veneer and the matress.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post

I was aboard this boat the last time she was for sale a few years ago. She was a nice boat then and had excellent stewardship by her long time owner. I would suggest taking a look at this one.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"