Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: My 1st Hatt - 1984 52C

I need to get the flybridge windscreen off - take it to be re-anodized or powder coated. It's the one thing left that really looks crappy. I assume the bolts underneath the windows are the only challenge there.

Wanna scare your kid? Just put your 4th grader at the helm while the 3rd grader sleeps. Then pretend to snooze in the co-pilot chair and wake the kid up.

TeaganDrive.jpg

KeevaShocked.jpg

Hey, that reminds me: Where did y'all get a good steering wheel cap? 2" I think.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

We took our first cruise yesterday down to Sanibel and back. I now have a hilarious Miserable Mile anecdote, and I maneuvered us out of and back into the slip without incident. The Admiral spotted a dolphin jumping our bow wave right before the Mile, and a manatee. Friends of ours docked at the Edison Ford marina took this picture as we came by...
    IMG_20811.jpg
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Very cool.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Very cool.
    Thanks for the note about that little Barnacle Barrier thing I put together. Sometimes I get to thinking how things could be done a different way, and that's when the trouble starts.

I wrote a book called The Sparkling Void about a client who confided on his deathbed he was a bigtime jewel thief...and the ordeal almost got me killed. It sold about 30k even though the publisher ruined it by changing the order of the chapters and cutting out 80 pages for liability concerns, mostly the best pages.

I still have a box left if anyone's a bookworm: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...=9781524697891
    1984 52C

I haven't decided whether this cabinet will stay or not. But with new carpet and wood floor in the galley still months away, I wanted to put something up to hide all the junk in there - where an ancient TV/VCR used to reside.

I found this antique mahogany cabinet on Ebay for 30 bucks with a carving in the right size. The burl doesn't match the Hatteras grain, but otherwise it's a decent temporary fix.

20210615_173423.jpg I think the carving is of one of those things which would hold the silverware vertically. A "flatware box" or something?
    1984 52C

It looks nice and the dog seems to approve too. Big fan of the classic dark wood look. We refinished all ours in our 46 and the installed teak and holly sole as icing on the cake. Will be at the Pink Shell late Fall if you want to trade stories.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    I

Hey, that reminds me: Where did y'all get a good steering wheel cap? 2" I think.
    I am curious as well. Mine came apart when I removed the wheel to service the helm. I cant remember what I miked the hole but it was a bit over 2". I never found anything on Sams and keep forgetting to call them

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    It looks nice and the dog seems to approve too. Big fan of the classic dark wood look. We refinished all ours in our 46 and the installed teak and holly sole as icing on the cake. Will be at the Pink Shell late Fall if you want to trade stories.
    Archie dog isn't quite sure about the boat, yet. When the boat is all done, I'll start conjuring-up a doggie dumbwaiter to get him up on the bridge.

I plan to put a teak and holly sole from under the table and through the galley, only leaving the salon and the hallway carpeted. Those projects where you only get one chance to cut it right give me a little pause. I suppose t & h plywood has doubled - like all wood products.

Absolutely. I hope to get the upper hand on this boat by the end of Summer...and will have plenty of scars for comparison.
    1984 52C

I need to get the flybridge windscreen off - take it to be re-anodized or powder coated. It's the one thing left that really looks crappy. I assume the bolts underneath the windows are the only challenge there.Wanna scare your kid? Just put your 4th grader at the helm while the 3rd grader sleeps. Then pretend to snooze in the co-pilot chair and wake the kid up.Attachment 50643Attachment 50644Hey, that reminds me: Where did y'all get a good steering wheel cap? 2" I think.
    Good Times!!
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

I recovered the panels that go over where the front salon windows would be with a quilted brown vinyl diamond pattern. That was easy. Now I have to figure the best way to reattach them.

Attachment 49026

Anybody know what this little remote is for?? Just found it under the helm!
    Attachment 49027
    Temperature /humidity sensor