Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: Thinking of buying 85ft. Hatt extended MY

You folks will appreciate this:

I got curious about this boat, and decided to try to find her on YW. I don't know their search system that well, so I just looked for Hatteras MYs 70-84 feet, figuring that would find her if she was on YW. It turned up 96 boats, and I clicked on one listing, which mentioned a 70 foot Hatteras MY which had been extended to 82 feet, or something like it....

First photo of the boat is labeled "sister ship"...

Really?

ROF etc

Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

There was a boat with extension that ended up on the beach recently. Wonder if it was "bad handling" for the root cause.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I don't know what the interior looked like before the refit, but I have never liked those light ash interiors, I think they are called, and this one doesn't look good to me. Maybe she's better in person. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    You folks will appreciate this:

I got curious about this boat, and decided to try to find her on YW. I don't know their search system that well, so I just looked for Hatteras MYs 70-84 feet, figuring that would find her if she was on YW. It turned up 96 boats, and I clicked on one listing, which mentioned a 70 foot Hatteras MY which had been extended to 82 feet, or something like it....

First photo of the boat is labeled "sister ship"...

Really?

ROF etc
    could b his sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hatt View Post
    That boat was called My Emeralds and stayed at Va. Va . for years.
    That fits. I saw an electrical panel with a placard bearing that name. Know anything about it? I understand the previous owner to this one had Alzheimer's and had to sell.

In the photo she looks nice.

All the comments above are worthwhile. The extension is only as good as the folks who did it, plus how it's been taken care of.

I recall seeing "My Emeralds" out of the water many years ago, but I am not sure if I would have noticed that the boat had been extended. That was in Portsmouth, VA, but I don't recall the name of the yard. Might have been Scott's Marine, but I am not certain. Small world, if she's the same boat.
    I am positive it is the same boat. I just mentioned to another contributor that I saw a placard on the electrical panel with that name.

I don't know what the interior looked like before the refit, but I have never liked those light ash interiors, I think they are called, and this one doesn't look good to me. Maybe she's better in person. I hope so.
    I'm not into that color scheme but more importantly, neither is my wife. So it HAS to go. Hence the $100k that I figure it will take to freshen it up a bit. Interiors are funny things, what one can't stand the other loves, you know the drill. For us, this interior is a bit dirty and a bit old. Problem is, you can clean "dirty" but you just can't clean "old"
    Last edited by WA2DDL; 01-12-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLE View Post
    Bingo !!

BTW, going to view a Roamer this Sat. Probably in the same condx as the 85 hatt.