Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Cruising and cooking

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Before I owned my Hatteras, I sat on the dock everyday and dreamed about cooking on my boat. I'd watch other boats cruise by, girls in bikinis waving to me, the capt with a big grin. I'd wonder, "I wonder what they have planned for their menu tonight."

I'd page through Boating magazine and analyze the galley on each boat. I came to this website and looked at all the old brochures. Sure, the Hatt was nice and built well, but man, cooking on one is my priority. Detroits vs Cummins? Who cares, as long as my crock-pot works...unless it was a sandwich day.

Yes, I'm glad I found this Hatteras Owners Forum. It is full of so much technical and historic knowledge. It allowed me to dream my dream...cooking aboard a Hatt.

.....said nobody ever

Oh, c'mon. You're really just looking for recipe ideas aren't you?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Before I owned my Hatteras, I sat on the dock everyday and dreamed about cooking on my boat. I'd watch other boats cruise by, girls in bikinis waving to me, the capt with a big grin. I'd wonder, "I wonder what they have planned for their menu tonight."

I'd page through Boating magazine and analyze the galley on each boat. I came to this website and looked at all the old brochures. Sure, the Hatt was nice and built well, but man, cooking on one is my priority. Detroits vs Cummins? Who cares, as long as my crock-pot works...unless it was a sandwich day.

Yes, I'm glad I found this Hatteras Owners Forum. It is full of so much technical and historic knowledge. It allowed me to dream my dream...cooking aboard a Hatt.

.....said nobody ever
    Translation... “I can’t cook.”
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

We fill up the deep freeze with all sorts of meets (smoked, marinated, etc) in vacuum sealed bags. Stick the frozen vacuum seal bag in the yeti with the drinks of the day. Keeps the drinks cold and thaws dinner. Throw on the grill, microwave, or Suvie and dinner is served. We like to cook, but we do as much prep work ahead of time as possible.
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Hat52MY View Post
    We fill up the deep freeze with all sorts of meets (smoked, marinated, etc) in vacuum sealed bags. Stick the frozen vacuum seal bag in the yeti with the drinks of the day. Keeps the drinks cold and thaws dinner. Throw on the grill, microwave, or Suvie and dinner is served. We like to cook, but we do as much prep work ahead of time as possible.
    What’s a sue me?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    What’s a sue me?
    Jewish Indian tribe?
    Last edited by Avenger; 05-22-2020 at 07:14 PM.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Damn auto correct... Sous Vide Cooker

https://www.amazon.com/Wancle-Immers.../dp/B07BKSH4KY
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    A little of both. Love to cook but also love to enjoy the local fare. Sometimes lunch is as simple as this, dogs with NO KETSUP on the Mobile river.
    Did Randy leave you any?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

.....said nobody ever
    Until you pay an arm and a leg for a "pizza" in the Abacos. Having done that we elected to have a custom pizza stone that fits into the galley maid oven cut. People gathered around the dock when we were cooking.

20160106_175043.jpg
    Last edited by Dan Mapes; 05-22-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    Regards
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    What’s a sue me?
    It’s a Sous Vide
    RTFM
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Works great... bucket of salt water, attach to the side of bucket, throw in the vacuumed sealed bags of food, set it and forget it, AND it will run off the inverter....
    Best regards,
    --
    David