Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Louis Tellier Guest

Re: 58' 1979 Yacht Fish QUINTESSENCE IV

Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    Everyone's tastes are different? I don't have an answer, but I know if I bought even a "pristine" boat I would still make changes to suit my needs, desires, and tastes. We all, as owners, have need to do lists, want to do lists, and lists that if money was no object we'd do.
    That also what we did on this boat, there was more of, what I want lists, and a list that if money was no object. But the reality and the reason why this boat if for sale it is because the co-owner, My Wife, is sick and I have to sell the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Tellier View Post
    That also what we did on this boat, there was more of, what I want lists, and a list that if money was no object. But the reality and the reason why this boat if for sale it is because the co-owner, My Wife, is sick and I have to sell the boat.
    I'm very sorry to hear that. It's a beautiful boat.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

In case you haven't figured it out, the only reason anyone is questioning you is because of the PO and his history with the boat on this forum. One could say he got a bit carried away with his marketing approach.

I too am very sorry to hear of your wife's health problems. Best of luck with that and selling the boat. She is definitely a beauty.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I was aboard the boat and it was in top condition. I think a lot of us do things to our new Hatteras after we buy. Myself, I could not be happy unless I have stabilizers. Thank God I had them last summer going to the Bahamas and sometimes running Hawk Channel to Key West. Since I run at hull speed, I am okay with the Detroit's.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Yes BoatsB, I was asking $600,000. I had that much in it, (with receipts), and then ran out of money. I couldn't take her the rest of the way. Simple as that.
    First of all, there was no need to replace a pair of 871TIs with only 890 original hours at the time I bought her. (1080 when I sold her). I replaced the generator and all new galley appliances, along with soft goods, refinishing etc. Her physical condition was already exceptional. She had no electronics except for a VHF, Depth Sounder, Compass and Loran C. The Master stateroom featured the twin berth arrangement. Every inch of her interior woods were beautiful and unmolested.
    What Louis did was take her the rest of the way, and modified her to his liking with an open checkbook. I think he did an excellent job.

I know I tend to overdo my excitement of really nice boats. They are all my 'babies'. I don't have a horse in this race. I just want to see her go to an owner who will appreciate and continue to love her at the level she deserves.

I kind of feel like we need a group hug right now. No, I’m not being sarcastic, but given the pandemic, maybe group foot bumps would be more appropriate.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

You had me at Loran C. I hope she still has it!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Louis Tellier Guest

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    Listed anywhere ?
    Yes listed for 399,000 US with Denison Yatch Sales in FL. Boat now can be sold in US waters!

Good luck with the sale. Very sorry about your wife’s health. The boat is in beautiful condition and one of my all time favorite motor yachts.

Yes listed for 399,000 US with Denison Yatch Sales in FL. Boat now can be sold in US waters!
    Link to the listing?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI