Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Let's bet on the next mishap at Ang's marina

Yipes! Thats too fast! I'm paid in advance here till Nov. (Saved some money)

Grrrrrrrrr..... But thanks Ang!!!!

Captned....

Too bad. That will be gone by November! $19.95/foot/month. I bet Miami Beach Marina is around $30 or more? Nevertheless, if you're thinking of moving, get on the list now - before Rickenbacker loses its lease and there are a lot of folks trying to find dockage - not sure whether that's going to happen, but it's up in the air right now. If I had signed up back in January, I'd be in DKM right now.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Whats happing at Rickenbacher? Condos? Egads! (insert big eyed shocked thingy here)

Captned
    MBMM

It's always a struggle to get the lease renewed since they only give them one year at a time. This time, I'm told that it comes with a requirement to make certain capital improvements that don't jive with a one year lease deal, so you never know where that's going to leave everyone. If they could get a ten year lease, they'd make the improvements, but you just don't sink that kind of money into a property that is leased one year at a time. I'm leaving not because of that necessarily, but because the NO WAKE zone has been taken away from us and it's simply too rough and the boat is taking a beating now. The other large boats out on the end are already gone. It's become the Wild West inside the marina with total disregard for those in the slips.
    Last edited by Angela; 06-24-2008 at 01:40 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Who and / or why did they take the no wake zone out? Whats the word from the powers that be? Sounds like they are trying to run people out....

Captned
    MBMM
    Last edited by Captned; 06-24-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: wording...

6. Re: Let's bet on the next mishap at Ang's marina

My $10 a foot looks really great...
    And we pay by the slip, not size of boat...
    I "measure" 49' when going from bow pulpit to swim plateform.....
    But my slip is 40' so it's $400 plus electric... Ave. cost is $540 in summmer, $480 in winter....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com