Northern Lights 8kw 1999. It has always worked perfect. It struggled and quit. So I changed Fuel filters but the problem continues.

It is repeatable here goes.

It will run for 1 minute and 45 seconds. Then starts to die for 5 seconds a little then comes back and tries to die for 5 seconds then comes back and the third time tries to die again and sometimes does then it comes back strong only to repeat this every 1 minute and 45 seconds it does it consitantly over and over again.

I can put a full load on it during the time it is running normally without a problem.

It will do the same thing with or without the generator circuit breaker on.

I thought it might be fuel related like a plugged pick up but the timing is too perfect.

If you stop it during the dying cycle it has a hard time starting. If you stop it when it is running normally it starts normally. I can't get a good enough internet connection to bring up NL's site to search for a solution.

We are at Sampson cay club marina in the Exumas. WE are only going to be here a couple of more days then we start our way back Home. But being from Bradenton we have about 500 NM to travel and I sure would like to get it fixed for the journey.

Any Help would be apreciated.

Thanks garyd