Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: No enclosed aft deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Funat50 View Post
    I'd love to get a 53', lots to choose from and a true classic, unfortunately aft cockpit is a must. So I guess it's going to be a 58YF, 61-63-67 CMY. My must list; 3 stateroom & head, walk around, lower helm, aft deck, cockpit. As stated from an earlier poster, "Looking for a distressed owner, not a distressed boat".
    It sounds like a 58YF is your boat. Many are well within your price range right now. If you are ready, make your list and start traveling to look at them. Or, you could sit around and wait for a 61, 63 or 67CPMY, but who knows how long it will be for another one like Reel Estate to come along with a price satring with a 3.

Also, have you considered how much the 18' beam on the newer boats limits you as far as slips that you can find to fit in? It will be an issue at medium and small marina's. Often you will have to take a T-head, if even available because 20' wide slips are indeed pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonchalant1 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and add Naiad stabilizers to your "must" list. They're great and won't add that much to the used boat price, but will cost $50K to add on later.

Doug
    Good advice, but FYI I got a quote recently from a Naiad dealer on the Gulf Coast that will install new Naiads on a 53MY/58YF for $35k. If you want the new full digital version add about $6k. Not so bad in the grand scheme of things. I am considering adding them to my boat soon.

With prices declining a 61-63-67 CMY may be in reach before I know it. There are also a lot more of those to pick from than 58YF, and they are typically newer models. Patience will pay and this is strictly a "want" item.
    Checked about the slips situation and not to concerned, but certainly something to keep in mind.