Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: woke up to boat listing...

If you're looking for a hard tubing to fit inside a quick-lock type of retainer you'll probably have to look for teflon, polypropelyne, PVC or similar. They can be had at 100-250 PSI ratings or higher if necessary.

1/4 inch Inside diameter reinforced polyurethane tubing:

McMaster P/N: 5439K21

Type: High-Pressure Clear Tygothane Polyurethane Tubing

Material: Tygon Tygothane Ether-Based Polyurethane

Tygon Forumulation: C-544-A I.B.

Shape: Single Line

Outside Dia.: 1/2" (.5")

Inside Dia.: 1/4" (.25")

Wall Thickness: 1/8" (.125")

Available Lengths: 5, 10, 25, 50, and 100 feet

Reinforcement: Braid-Reinforced

Color: Clear

Maximum Pressure: 275 psi @ 73º F

Operating Temperature Range: -100º to +180º F

Bend Radius: 3/4" (.75")

Durometer: 85A (Firm)

Tensile Strength: 5,000 psi

For Use With: Drinking (potable) water

Sterilize With: Not Rated

Specifications Met: United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Sanitation Foundation (NSF)

FDA Specification: CFR21 177.2600

NSF Specification: NSF-61

Compatible Fittings: Barbed
    Last edited by Avenger; 06-21-2008 at 01:31 PM.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

2. Re: woke up to boat listing...

As a "hopefully" last reply to this thread... The stinking hose came out of the brass fitting last Friday during the night..... Saloon was soaked.

I went to 3 plumbing stores (said in the yellow pages they were open Saturdays..... THEY LIED).

So this time stopped at Home Depot and bought all new hose and fittings made by the same company. The hose lasted ALMOST 20 mins before the hose came out of the fitting.

In every case, the small brass tube insert that fits into the hose didn't hold.

SO THIS TIME I SUPER GLUED THE DAMN BRASS TUBING INTO THE HOSE. Then tightened the fittings...... It has held now for 5 days.

But I DO have a 4' piece of reinforced 1/4" OD tubing with compressed fittings being made.

There IS a pool on the dock on how long this repair lasts... Losers buy the "one closest to the correct day" a case of beer each. I even joined in.

I picked July 15th. Everyone else picked days earlier.... Hopefully I will have 12 cases of beer in a few weeks...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: woke up to boat listing...

Hey Charlie... I used a bunch of that plastic tubing with the matching brass compression fittings and I too was SOL. I tightened a few so tight the nuts split, and the sleeve was still loose. I kept the installed tubing in place and replace all the brass with the new snap together, re-usable fittings and havent had a leak or failure yet! PLUS, if you need to move it for any reason, it comes apart and back together in about a second flat! You can also cut the tubing and put another fitting in line with ZERO hassle.
    To wit: the ice maker filter... leaked like a sieve. Changed to this type and not a drop! So strong youd destroy the tubing trying to pull it apart! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 07-09-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

4. Re: woke up to boat listing...

WHERE did you get them ????? Or what is the "official name" for them so I can get a few dozen...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com