Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. woke up to boat listing...

So here it is, FATHERS DAY.... I get to do what ever I want.....

Woke up about 7AM, and knew something wasn't "just right". As I stood up, realized there was a list to port that was not there last night.....

Opened up the hatch to to ER. and could hear water running.... Not a good thing INSIDE of a boat. Saw the plastic tubing to the ice maker had split and a small steam of water was shooting out.... And then saw it stop .....

I have a "Melnor Mechanical Aqua Timer" on my water hose and it turned off just as I was looking (I know how Pascal feels about them, but it worked). I keep it at 150 gals.

So at 9AM I was at Lowes, got some new tubing and fittings and got it fixed the first time ( I SO HATE plumbing, and it hates me).

Seems "somebody" had disconnected the ground wire to the bilge in that section of the boat (Er, that would of been me) last week and forgot to reconnect it.

Had about 6" of water under the port engine that was easily pumped out. It was contained to that one section. I have 5 other bilge pumps and a high water alarm.

So now I have the afternoon to do nothing.....

Oh, the admiral DID STATE the ice maker had to be fixed so she has ice for her "drinks"..... :}

Time for a few beers...

Oh and HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all the rest of you
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: woke up to boat listing...

Is today "Sinking Day" or what? This morning a sailboat on the mooring sunk, going down bow first, and my neighbor behind me just got towed in. He blew a transmission, and he was taking on water from somewhere.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Based on the title of this thread and Angela's recent brokerage experience, I thought maybe you woke up and Florida Yacht Brokers had listed your boat for sale
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Talking Re: woke up to boat listing...

My Captain, my Captain, I have very bad news. The flooding in the engine room is out of control. I also have some good news. The flooding will put the fires out
    Skip
    Mad Hatteras
    53 MY

I drink because of Navy football

5. Re: woke up to boat listing...

ROFL!

Not good.....
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

that's why i prefer not connecting to dockside water!

so your bilge pumps were out?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

Pascal, I'm with you on dockside connections. About the only time we connect is when we are doing laundry. The tank water always stays nice and fresh when you turn it over frequestly. Never an issue re drinkability.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

Pascal, I'm with you on dockside connections. About the only time we connect is when we are doing laundry and then I use a pressure reducing valve that provides even less pressure than the Surflo. The tank water always stays nice and fresh when you turn it over frequestly. Never an issue re drinkability.

By the way, failed supply lines on icemakers is one of the leading causes of high insurance claims in homes. There are several grades of tubing. Use the best, i.e. copper. The translucent plastic is the worst.

Bob

9. Re: woke up to boat listing...

the shut off valve did it's job. Could of happened if I used the water tank.

OK, reaility is this is the 5th time in 7 yrs I have had the stupid ice maker tubing burst. And every time it is not at a fitting but a split in the middle of the tubing.

Have brass tubing coming in, then about 3' of plastic tubing. Am going to google and see if there isn't some type of reinforced tubing I can buy...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Hey Charlie... use that soda fountain hose with the nylon re-inforcement. Can you fit a regulator in the line? ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults