Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Washer Dryer

Waynemessick Guest

Washer Dryer

Has anyone replaced the washer & dryer combo on a 48' LRC. If so where did you find one short enough to fit in the present opening.
    Thanks
    Wayne

Captcoop Guest

Washer/dryer

I have a Comb-O-Matic that I removed from my 45C if you are interested in a take out unit. I needed closet space more than laundry equipment. Good Luck

Jaxfishgyd Guest

washer/dryer

I have a washer/dryer for sale in the parts swap section..

Waynemessick Guest

washer/dryer

What make is the washer/dryer? Is it a stack unit?

Orion Guest

Perfect fit

Wayne
    I have a 53 MY that I think has the same set up as you with the washer dryer unit located in the forward cabin. I posted a request some time back and was recommended a stackable unit from Wal-Mart. After checking it out it only had a 1.5 capacity and was made in China. After some research I located the perfect fit from Lowes. Compact stackable units made by whirlpool. They are front loading duet models the dryer is vented and runs on 220 the washer 110 and has about twice the capicity as the Wal-Mart units.
    I had to take the old unit apart to get it out of the front cabin door way. If you remove the cabin door at the hinges which is very easy the new units will fit through the door way without any trouble. You will need to have the cabinet door reworked to accommodate the front loading for the new units. They work great and we are very pleased with the new units
    Hope this can helps you out.
    Orion