Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Re: Effects of Running Diesel at Low RPM

Krush, perhaps you are missing my point. This is not about semantics, it is about inventing a non existing part, between the turbo and blower entry, measurements made using the part, and demeaning a members knowledge for not being familiar with the part. Appears some members may want to let it slide. Not me, what use is this forum if you can not count on accurate, sincere information? Just my thoughts.

Pete

Sometimes you just have to know when to let it go.

WHEW... Sounds like this guy leans towards the Dimpleberger side of motive theory. Everyone
    knows Detroits have aluminum intake manifolds just below the carburetor. I'm going back to my
    man cave to prove this theory... ws

http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thum...20.04.29.0.jpg
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 09-09-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Seven, although I do get your point, I also think its important for everyone else reading these threads to understand when incorrect or partially wrong information is put forth as fact. Derek is a pro working in the industry and clearly knowledgeable on these matters. I believe he is just trying to make sure that the many people reading this come away with a clear understanding of the discussion. I do think at this point things are clear though...........

Avenger, one unanswered question I have that only you can answer is on my 453N's would they benefit from the installation of one of your imaginary intake manifolds or do only the turbo models see the advantage?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Krush, perhaps you are missing my point. This is not about semantics, it is about inventing a non existing part, between the turbo and blower entry, measurements made using the part, and demeaning a members knowledge for not being familiar with the part.
    I have no idea what your point is, and whether semantics is involved or not. But I will provide two pictures that show the turbo on a DD connected to an intake pipe (could be called manifold, per my definition in previous post). Manifold pressure, or boost, would be measured here.

FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Krush, appreciate the pictures and your thoughts on what could constitute a manifold. Before responding I did a search of definitions on manifolds as they apply to engine parts, and all include multiple ports as an element of a manifold. This aligns with my understanding of a manifold. It also is consistent with the naming conventions used by DD, as I understand them.

The actual part is not my primary point, that is one member demeaning the knowledge of another using an imaginary part and knowledge of this non part as the basis of the critique. That is not and should not be what this forum is all about.

Pete

Pete, an old wise man once wrote, "“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

I'm done trying to fix that.

Thank you everyone who made quality contributions to this thread and who has supported me here. Your confidence, backing and help is much appreciated.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    GROW UP gentlemen. This is a forum for knowledge not pissing matches.
    Thank you, Rusty. Whatever points, counterpoints, corrections, clarifications, illuminations or elucidations have been made have likely been lost on most everyone seventeen pages ago. With so many of our friends in danger, you guys need to sign off. If for no other reasons, good taste and some semblance of compassion for what is really important.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

10. Re: Effects of Running Diesel at Low RPM

Avenger, having duly noted your alarm that I was unaware of the existence of an air intake MANIFOLD between the turbo output and the blower input, I decided to educate myself. So having a few minutes available I broke out the 53 series, three volume parts catalog. Bottom line is I was unable to find any such part labelled manifold. So, how about some help, please point out the parts in this catalog. I only have the 53 series catalogs, having sold my 71 series parts catalog when we purchased our LRC. So please provide the reference for the 53 series engine to get me started

Pete, I don't believe that you actually did this! Except for you, everybody on the face of the earth that knows anything about a 2 cycle Detroit knows that the "combustion air manifold" is cast integral to the block and is refered to as the air box? It comes with the engine block "kit", as you prefer to call it and the blower "kit" is bolted over the opening to it. It is the same as the old Ford six cylinder engines that had the intake manifold cast integral to the head. You knew it was there and what it was but there wasn't a part number for it.

I want you to know that I have been thoroughly amused by the answers you have given to Krush, Avenger, Seapig and the others that actually know what they are talking about. It has provided some levity to my drive north away from my home and boat in south Florida. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by kelpy; 09-10-2017 at 10:21 AM.