Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking David Pascoe, Our Champion

He's reading our minds - or maybe our threads...

http://davidpascoeblog.com/2008/05/1...ng-the-answer/

Re: David Pascoe, Our Champion

You've got that right. Hey, you and I have to get together so I can show you what is available to us for the rendezvous.

Give me a shout one of these weekends and I'll show you the ropes.

K

So following his formula, 1-engine, etc., just plunk down a cool $1+ mill for a Nordhaven...problemo solved...now about that $mill.....
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

I've always enjoyed reading Pascoe's writings and have always chuckled at how he would crap all over SeaRay and Carver. Well, he didn't let me down on this article - he sugar coated nothing, as usual.

However, after reading this article, I felt a little crapped on myself which is odd since I don't usually let "belittling women" get to me. I was shocked that he actually put his views of women on boats to ink on paper.

He writes, "That means that a lot of ladies that came aboard only because they were attracted to the luxury status, won’t be coming back after the first trip. Some will demand an immediate turn-around well prior to ETA (been there, done that). And that will include a lot of wives, if not mistresses. They become like kids, Baby-cakes, how much longer?"

Gee, and we're gold-diggers, too?

I guess he hasn't met the ladies on this forum who proudly own an old Hatteras. And I'm not the only female who LOVES the smell of diesel! 'Nuff said.

PS: I believe he DOES read this forum regularly. When reading some of his other entries on his blog, I know he's responding to what's been said here and to whom he's actually speaking here. LOL
    Last edited by Angela; 05-14-2008 at 11:03 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    He writes, "That means that a lot of ladies that came aboard only because they were attracted to the luxury status, won’t be coming back after the first trip. Some will demand an immediate turn-around well prior to ETA (been there, done that). And that will include a lot of wives, if not mistresses. They become like kids, aby-cakes, how much longer?
    I think he qualified the statement sufficiently. My wife could be included except for the gold-digger aspect. She never would have married me if she was really a gold-digger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    PS: I believe he DOES read this forum regularly. When reading some of his other entries on his blog, I know he's responding to what's been said here and to whom he's actually speaking here. LOL
    After reading this one, yeah.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

6. Re: David Pascoe, Our Champion

Yeah well Ang, you're rare.

In a good way.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

I was speaking to Dr Jim the other day about a Hatt in the Miami area that I may be interested in. I was wondering out loud, who in Miami could I possibly ask to lay eyes on this boat prior to traveling myself to see it. Is there anyone on the forum in the Miami area who's judgement on a boat's condition I would think would most be in line with my own.....(we have a lot of talented members)

Angela. Dr Jim agreed.

I have since decided not to ask or impose on Angela's good nature, as I am flying in myself to take a look.

Ang, you want to meet me and we can look it over together?

Gee, Eric...why didn't you just ask? Just a little over a week ago, Pascal was still in town and Ed was still here. All three of us would have been happy to check out a Hatt for ya and report back!

But, now that you're coming to town, I'd love to go have a look with you. Let me know when.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Yeah well Ang, you're rare.

In a good way.
    I second that and She even has good taste in Beer's!!!!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

10. Re: David Pascoe, Our Champion

Seems the "good people" on the Boat/US chat room have a different opinion of his article..... Worth you reading their replies... :}

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=121
    Last edited by Jaxfishgyd; 05-15-2008 at 05:00 PM.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com