Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

meeting hof members

hey byron, how is the trip to the east going? have you met any hof members? bigbill

Re: meeting hof members

Hey Bill! We are having a BLAST! There are so many great places to eat and drink on the water around here that we are thinking of staying another month!

They just opened a Guy Harvey Bar and Grill and Art Gallery at the Wharf in Orange Beach. His boat is already at the Marina and he will be signing autographs this weekend. I had seen the shirts before but didn't know anything else but what a guy! He's actually an incredible activist and conservationalist.

I do not know of any active HOF members in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Perdido Key area but I remember that Genesis is somewhere in the Pensacola to Destin area. If/when we bring the boat to Destin I will probably look him up and invite him for drinks!

The wind laid down Saturday after the rain and it was gorgeous Sunday so we ran outside from Perdido Pass to the Pensacola inlet and anchored at Big Lagoon for the afternoon. First float off the back of the boat this season and the water was still a bit cold for May (76 deg) but it felt colder than that.

Guess what showed up in the slip next to me? an '08 Hatteras 64MY! It is amazing to see the differences side by side. I tell you what, if they would just offer regular shaped side windows (salon and bridge) it would probably look pretty good! The curvy windows just kill it for me and I have never been a big fan of the raised pilothouse style. Interestingly enough, the owner has a 72 Hatt on order but he wanted a boat now so he bought this 64 and is having the transom cut out to fit in a garage door so his dingly can be lifted and slid down in where the crew quarters were until yesterday when a $100 Dewalt Sawzall cut the crew quarters out!!! The shower, sink, beds, head, walls, cabinets, A/C were all sitting on the dock today. Unreal!!!

Are you still headed this way in a couple of weeks?

hey byron, yes, we are leaving a.m. thursday the22nd, staying at the wharf that night and headed to destin on friday. we will stay in destin friday thru monday, leaving on tuesday a.m. headed back to the wharf for tuesday night, and back to pass christian on wednesday. i am sure we can find some time to have an adult social beverage together. genises is from the destin area. maybe if you come to destin we can all get together for a drink. hey karl if you read this please reply if you want to to get together for a cocktail with byron and myself. bigbill

ThirdHatt, If your gonna' be in Orange Beach this Sunday I wouldn't mind coming out from Pensacola to meet ya'. I'd love to have a look your Hatt and the kids would probably like to meet Guy.
    Trav
    45C 447, Series I, '72
    Pensacola, Fl

Bill, we will see you at the Wharf on the 22nd!

Traveler, my parents are coming to spend the weekend with us on the boat for Mother's day so I will be entertaining them all weekend. I am not sure what day we will ge going out on the water, but if it is Saturday then we should be around the Wharf on Sunday. Feel free to give me a call ay 504-669-5337 when you are headed this way.

Any other HOF members coming to the Wharf to meet Guy Harvey this weekend? This is the chance to get that T-shirt signed or buy a piece of art from his new gallery!