Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bahamas

Bahamas

Well we are thinking about going to the Bahamas again. Last year we were going thru the big O. when they shut it down we had no plan b. So this year we have plan a and b.

Each takes us to Miami then to Bimini. Where I thought we would clear customs then go on to Great Harbor. Spend a few days in the Berrys to ge taccustomed then go on to the Exumas and Spend a couple of nights at the Eleuthera Yacht club. Come back same way. Either thru the big O. if there's enough water or around the keys.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know if they changed the fishing regs. I thought I saw where they allow counch harvest again?

Thanks garyd
    Have Fun Boating

Re: Bahamas

Yes they changed the regs. There is still a head/tail rule which is a PITA for live aboards. Keep an eye on water levels in lake O as they were 4.1 last week.

h) Any migratory fishery resource that is caught shall not in total exceed more than eighteen (18) Kingfish, Dolphin, Tuna or Wahoo per vessel. Any resource not intended to be used shall not be injured unnecessarily but be returned to the sea alive.

i) Each vessel must adhere to the following catch limits: no turtle, a maximum of six (6) conch, ten (10) crawfish and a maximum of twenty (20) or sixty (60) pounds of any demersal fishery resources (groupers, snappers, etc.) per vessel at any time.

j) Any type of Billfish (such as Marlins, Sailfish or Swordfish, etc) must be returned to the sea unharmed except where landed under the terms of an approved sports fishing event or tournament
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son