Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diesel in the keys at $2.75?!?!??

Last year when we were in the keys we found Diesel at $2.76. Doubt it will be that this year. However had a fellow Hatt owner that just got back from the keys and reported $2.75 a gallon. How'd he get that?

Well turns out that a bunch of boaters got together and purchased a whole tanker full. The tanker came in filled each boat and received his pay one lump sum. I said wow that's great he said yep but I never thought we would be crowing about paying $2.75 a gallon. April 2008

Neccesity is the mother of invention.

Hearing reports at 4-5 a gallon can be sobering. Well maybe we can at least minimize the pain.

garyd
    Have Fun Boating

Re: Diesel in the keys at $2.75?!?!??

Three or four weeks ago I paid $2.75 for off road. This week it was up to $3.64

I'll bet that deal is not the same today.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

$4.59 yesterday @ St. Simons Island GA.
    Fifth Girl
    St. Simons Is Ga
    1996 39' Convertible #628
    J & T 6-71 465 hp
    3:1 ZF, 34x47 5 blade

Today @ the commercial basin in Ft Pierce $3.72 cash & $3.92 credit and that's with a 1,000 gallon price break!
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

5. Re: Diesel in the keys at $2.75?!?!??

$4.21 a gal here at Lambs in Jacksonville
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

$4.40/gal diesel at Lighthouse Point Marina near Hillsboro Inlet.

We just ran from Port St. Lucie, Fl to Southport, NC. At the dock in PSL (tank truck a month ago) 3.78, last week at B&B (Mosquito Creek) 4.15, Osprey 3.81, New River, 3.65. I only put on 200 gal at B&B because that's all they had. Turns out they did me a favor. That 200 will take me to New River. Prices seem to have dropped a few cents recently.

Bob

$4.53 in San Diego, CA yesterday...

depends on the qty... prices without qty don't mean much.

I called a few places last week, in miami/Ft Lauderdale, best i found was around 3.90 for delivery + tax, over 1000USG (for the 70 footer I'm taking north tomorrow)

after some yard delays, we launched on friday and refueled right at Harbor Towne on the Dania cut off canal at 4.02 + sales tax (over 1000usg)

it pays to shop around, but i'm not buying the $2.75 a gallon, even for a whole tanker!
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Our club charges about $3.70 per gallon that includes about 40 cents in profit. so they are paying $3.30. They usually get 3,000 gallons on average sometimes more, sometimes less. So if someone was to buy say 10,000 gallons at one crack would I as a businessman give them say a 15-20% discount for over three time the volume. Maybe I would just do that. Makes sense to me.

Called over to eleuthera they quoted $5.49 PER GALLON Didn't ask if that included tax, didn't have the heart. LOL

garyd
    Have Fun Boating