Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

It's boring tonight without Yachtsmanbill

I need to see what's going on at the sub. He should be severely reprimanded for not having internet at the boat. Instead of viewing the Strain thread, I'm sitting here loading music onto my Ipod.

I hate electronic do-dads. I'm of the age that I should embrace this stuff, but I don't. I like things that save me time, but most of this new stuff takes more time to learn than it saves. If I need a camera, I'll buy a camera. I don't need one in my phone. A phone is for conversing. So why does everyone text? Isn't that going backwards? The teletype message went out years ago. We now have VOICE. Use it.

Maybe that's why I'm one of those paper chart guys. I just see no reason to have the latest and greatest in electronics.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: It's boring tonight without Yachtsmanbill

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I need to see what's going on at the sub. He should be severely reprimanded for not having internet at the boat. Instead of viewing the Strain thread, I'm sitting here loading music onto my Ipod.

I hate electronic do-dads. I'm of the age that I should embrace this stuff, but I don't. I like things that save me time, but most of this new stuff takes more time to learn than it saves. If I need a camera, I'll buy a camera. I don't need one in my phone. A phone is for conversing. So why does everyone text? Isn't that going backwards? The teletype message went out years ago. We now have VOICE. Use it.

Maybe that's why I'm one of those paper chart guys. I just see no reason to have the latest and greatest in electronics.
    Shoot Sky, I don't even like the gas fireplaces mit da pee aye zoo lighter. I just moved and new house has good ole' wood burner fireplace lighted with matches. I like it like that! Carried in a lot of wood this year and didn't hurt me a bit.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Sky I totally agree with you...

And then it happened...

I was in an awfully boring meeting. I looked at the phone and bingo, I was texting my GF. That's when I saw the light. Now we know what the kids are doing in school.

Ah, and isn't that what were doing here on the HOF, texting each other? I bet a lot of us are supposed to be doing something else... I know I am
    Trav
    45C 447, Series I, '72
    Pensacola, Fl

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler 45C View Post
    Sky I totally agree with you...

And then it happened...

I was in an awfully boring meeting. I looked at the phone and bingo, I was texting my GF. That's when I saw the light. Now we know what the kids are doing in school.

Ah, and isn't that what were doing here on the HOF, texting each other? I bet a lot of us are supposed to be doing something else... I know I am
    Well, you got me there. At least I have a full size keyboard though. Those little buttons on the phones take forever to use. I could have made three calls in the time it takes to write one text.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

We've been texting each other for years.... LOL HAGD!
    Trav
    45C 447, Series I, '72
    Pensacola, Fl