Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Update on Cathrine Mae

Recap. Boat out for bottom job, Yard gouged up the hull with travel lift. Awlgrip paint, FLY. They tried and tried to blend and match contrary to my original recommendation to repaint the whole boat as that is the only way to repair the finish.

Well they messed with it all last week with the original fiberglass repair contractor and now are hiring a real painter....what ever that means. They are going to have to repaint the entire hull.

Concern is that they will prep it right, I just coated the boat 3x with awlcare and they are going to have to clean that off with solvent then sand etc. Well I just dont have the time to drive over and QC the job. Well if they F it up any more then they will have to ship it to Ft Pierce and have a real painter do the job and they charge 400/ft and it is not negotiable.

Down side is that fishing season is here and large dolphin are in shallow 120' and I am missing all the action. My crew saved up their pennies so we can pay Abdul for the go go juice and now we cant even do that.

Re: Update on Cathrine Mae

Hey I know a guy in the area with a boat. maybe we can work it out.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Re: Update on Cathrine Mae

Steve,

If you need anything that I might be able to help with, let me know. And I was just thinking of when we should plan a little rendezvous for us East Coast guys...we'll wait a while longer for you.

Jason