Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: canadian gun laws

Sky & Krush,

I agree with both of you...

Walt

Re Mexico - not only is taking a firearm into Mexico illegal and an automatic "you are going to prison," but having a single round of ammunition on your person or vehicle/boat will do the same thing.

You can attempt to get a permit to do so but it is unlikely to be approved.

Wow , as I expected a great responce form all of you,Thanks. I see it's pretty much like here in the states, bad guys always have guns and the good guys are pretty limited most of the time. Well having never been in prision i guess it's not a good time to start so I guess no guns on board without permits. I am not sure how well i will like it tho, I have carried a gun for over 20 years now, pulled it twice in self defense over that time but never had to pull the trigger (kinda glad of that but I know I would do what I have to).
    Well I will look into the permit thing in canada, thanks again everybody.

BTW the boat we are looking to buy is the 53' Motoryacht, have been on a couple and what a great liveaboard! would love to talk with any of you guys that own one.

I've gone to Canada Mexico and several other countries on commercial and recreational boats and I would never ever go WITHOUT firearms. Just keep it well hidden and don't talk about it. Don't end up being prey just to obey some retarded dilusional pathetic libral law.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post
    I've gone to Canada Mexico and several other countries on commercial and recreational boats and I would never ever go WITHOUT firearms. Just keep it well hidden and don't talk about it. Don't end up being prey just to obey some retarded dilusional pathetic libral law.

Brian

I believe the phrase is: I'd rather be judged by 12 men then carried by 6.

I've never heard that and it's excellent says it all!!!!

Brian

How about, "I'd rather be caught with it than without it".
    Trav
    45C 447, Series I, '72
    Pensacola, Fl

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I believe the phrase is: I'd rather be judged by 12 men then carried by 6.
    The problem is that you are only guaranteed that "judgement" here in the USA. I like traveling and like experiencing other cultures, but screw going to countries that don't let you protect yourself.

America is plenty big enough that I won't be able to see all of it before I die.

Hopefully I don't end up locked up abroad for carrying pepper spray in Europe. My friend from Sweden said it's considered a "weapon" there....dunno how one can even argue that one. Pepper spray is pretty much a purely self-defense device...hard to kill or harm anybody with it.

Just tell them its seasoning. Cajuns use it on food all the time.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I love these old sayings such as "from my cold dead hands" and many others. My favorite is " I'd rather have one and not need it than need it and not have it".

Walt