Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Labrador has been sold!

My 40' aft cabin Hatteras with gas engines has been sold. I'll be delivering her to her new owner in Washington, N.C. tomorrow. The survey went very well with only a float switch on one of my 5 bildge pumps needing to be replaced which I will do this afternoon( I knew it didn't work however had to leave something for the surveyor to find). Seatrial went without any issues and when she was pulled even I couldn't believe how clean the bottom was. Had a barrier coat done 7 years ago and has been in the water the last 2 years. Have a great diver who did a fantastic job however the last dive was late Oct last year! So we get the contract signed and I find my wife on yachtworld that night looking at a 58. I ask why she is looking at that and she says the house we bought here in N.C. is too big for the 2 of us and we should downsize and get a 58 motor yacht as well. Wouldn't you all like to have her? Sorry she's mine and I'm not giving her up!!!! Eat your hearts out. I told her it may take a while before we find the "perfect" one and she's ok with that. So now the search starts. I'll still be checking in with you guys every day however will have to go racing on my friends ragboat out of L.I. and Newport R.I. for now. Means a lot of flying up to do it however we do long distance ocean racing so it's not every week. Will be my 11th Newport to Bermuda race this June. Take care for now and if you see or hear of any good deals on a 58, give me a shout.
    Skip

Re: Labrador has been sold!

Freebird is a little rough but has great potential, She is now in Knoxville TN.

Buy her , truck her to slane and make one hell of a nice yacht.

I'd like 2 engines

Sorry to hear that Labrador is gone. Now, that makes two Hatteras that have left the Sandy Hook Bay area of NJ. Mavourneen, my friend's 53 is on the market after he passed away in October. We need more Hatteras in the area! I'll keep my eyes opened for you and let you know if I see anything worth looking at in my travels. Have fun with the blow boating!
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

Hi Skip and congrats on the sale of your boat! We have had some good luck here in Morehead City, NC too...we just sold our house (only took 6 weeks), got the price we wanted and are packing up to head to Miami when school ends in June (we teach)!!! Get settled, learn the roads/traffic and start looking at boats...yahoo!!!!!!!! Just the two of us and our son (20) who wants to go into business with my hubby (boat engine repairs)...hubby is a retired mech. engineer and loves working on engines...so nice to hear husbands talk about their wives as nice as you do. How long have you been married, for us 26 yrs. and together 30+...he's my best friend and I couldn't ever see myself without him by my side! Happy and headed outta here!!!

Cheers, Laurie & Jim

Jim's a lucky man!
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Congratulations Skip, and good luck at finding your next dreamboat. Ron

Laurie, thanks for the kind words and good luck in Fla & boat shopping. Will be married 30 yrs on 5/27 this year! Seems we're the exception rather than the rule when it comes to staying together! Of course I'll be racing on the ragboat on our anniversary, which always seems to happen however Giga wants me to do what I like to do. Ron, was a bittersweet day Sat. when I delivered the boat. Guy is going to need help as he knows NOTHING about boats or systems of any kind. I'll tell him about the forum and hope he'll try to learn.
    Skip

CONGRATS! You'll enjoy being a buyer in this market as opposed to a seller. The deals are out there and are only getting better!

GOOD LUCK is the search for the perfect 58!!!