Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

cable ends for morse controls

Does anyone know where I can get the terminal ends that connect to the morse controls for the original red jacket 33c cables. I have a few of them, and they were originally brass. All I can find now are plastic ones that the brass insert comes out of. If anyone has any, please let me know. This is from a 1965 41 convert.

Thanks

Re: cable ends for morse controls

Specify the exact end your looking for I can look it up and see if it's available in metal.

Brian

After calling morse teleflex, I am just going to make them. They suggested I buy second station kit for about 25 bucks and they are still made of plastic. And there is only 2 per kit. I looked hi and low and came to the conclusion they don't make them anymore. Take about 30 minutes to make them on the lathe. I appreciate the help though.

I bought the metal ones at Hopkins-Carter in Miami, in stock when I walked in the store. I bought all they had and ordered more.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Ake Marine in West ocean City has a great selection of Morse Ends, I would go with the ball joint ones, costs a little more but nothing to wear out.
    JW

6. Re: cable ends for morse controls

Now there's a reason to consider hydraulic or electronic engine controls...
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

The ends are available in aluminum as a terminal eye, or plated steel ball and socket joints. I have even seen Heim joints used. I throw away the plastic ones.

Intelligent marine parts guys can come up with them with very little effort.

If your Morse Red Jacket cables have much time on them your control system operation will be much improved with a quality replacement cable.

Ross

mcmaster-carr has an excellent selection of clevis rod ends.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

The cables have been replaced. Brand new. The plastic ones are absolute junk. Fell apart right out of the package. I saved the ends I had, but the lower helm was scavenged for use on the upper helm when I bought the boat. Morse ought to be ashamed of the quality of parts they provide. I already made them with very little effort. I had some aluminum ones, but they had too much play in them and the brass was far superior. Thanks for the help. 2.5 years restoring a classic Hatteras and we will splash middle of May. Cross your fingers for me. Should be fun.