Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hatteras owner missing for over a week!

If you have been following Fox News or other media this past week you already know that a prominent couple in Hilton Head Island, John and Elizabeth Calvert, have been missing for over a week.

Just this evening I learned that Elizabeth was the registered owner of their 1989 40’ Hatteras DCMY which is identical to mine. On a trip to Hilton Head in 2003 the SO and I, by chance, encountered John Calvert cleaning his boat which was docked near the entrance of the Harbor Town Yacht Basin. We had a delightful conversation with him about our boats. He loved his Hatteras. We again admired John’s boat in February of 2006 on a business trip to Hilton Head.

At this time a primary “person of interest”, Mr. Dennis Gerwing, a business associate and “the last person to see John and Elizabeth alive over a week ago”, allegedly committed suicide some 16 hours before authorities could question him. They had some sort of a mutual real estate deal together. Also, from what I gather no other good clues have surface. For whatever reason authorities are now conduction a search at the Jesup, Georgia landfill.

At this time the situation for John and Elizabeth does not look good. If I’m not mistaken John was a VP with Georgia Power.
    Last edited by (Nobody You Know); 03-16-2008 at 09:24 PM.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Re: Hatteras owner missing for oner a week!

You can read more on this subject at the "Island Packet. com" website.