Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Maynard, you must have been right behind us!

"I know that our gas engines have issues with fuel burn, but here are some facts. Monday we ran from Marathon to Ft. Meyers Beach. 121 sm. "

Maynard, I can't believe it, you must have been right behind us! we left Duck Key monday morning at 8:15, then around marathon and the 7 miles bridge up to the capes and then onto naples! below is a picture of my crew saluting before passing under the 7mile bridge into gulf :-)

At what time did you leave? there was a monk 36 about 15miles north of marathon that was taking on water, did you hear the dialogs on 16? wife was pretty frantic on the radio, i briefly talked to her to get her exact position and help but we were already 20miles north so USCG Marathon was closer.

it was a great run on monday, perfect weather! we pulled into naples city docks around 7:30pm....

Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Maynard, you must have been right behind us!

Gee Pascal...We never saw or heard from any other boat until we were abeam Marco Island. We left from Pancho's Fuel Dock, (great people and a super, but sleezy, restraunt nearby), at 0730 on Monday. We went under the 3rd. bridge span, (thanks to our 15' clearence). From there it was a straight line to Marco and north to Ft. Meyers beach. Jane and I will stay here for a month, then back to Miami. We met a nice couple, Stan and Linda, with a 42' LRC Hat. They live on tha neat little boat. I told them about our forum. He says he will jump on.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Oh no, Maynard. You didn't stop to see Jcrlaw at Marco. How is Angela ever going to get that boat hook? Now I'll have an excuse to come back down just to deliver it. 8 degrees this morning here and more snow on the way.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

so you were ahead of us... we passed under the bridge around 11am or so...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Oh no, Maynard. You didn't stop to see Jcrlaw at Marco. How is Angela ever going to get that boat hook? Now I'll have an excuse to come back down just to deliver it. 8 degrees this morning here and more snow on the way.
    Sorry Sky...I really forgot about that hook. My wife was recovering from stomach flu and just wanted to get our boat to the slip it will live in for awhile. I will go back through the Marco area near the end of March. Maybe John and I can hook up and I can bring the hook.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    so you were ahead of us... we passed under the bridge around 11am or so...
    Kinda nice to be ahead of Pascal, but I can't do that very often.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C