Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

day 3 about to start... love these Hatteras

delivery day 3 about to start... St augustine to Cocoa/melbourne. So far the Helmcam has been up most of the time thru GA and NO FL

The 54ED is a great boat... like all hatt. Teh extra beam is real nice yet it still handle like a pussy cat and very much single handable. Last night we docked next to 2004 MY, aroudn 64', the last of the "classic" before the Eurostyle. funny to look at the similarities between the boat like the foredeck layout, pulpit, etc....

it's not hard to understand why Hatteras has been around for almost 40 years now...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: day 3 about to start... love these Hatteras

great trip Pascal! we've been through there on the 34'. I'm sure you loved them back waters of GA.

once you get passed the Mosquito river and back onto the ICW there is a municipal marina just before the first big bridge on the west side of the ICW. We tried to make Cocoa beach also but coulden't make it before night fall.

one thing, from the Mosquito, make sure you enter the pass into the ICW strait in. it is shallow on both sides and rocky if i remember correctly. the pass is very narrow and is full if fisherman.
    Last edited by MarioG; 02-20-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

The Hatt Cam is great! If any of you haven't checked it out, it's much more interesting now than it is when we just have a view of Maynard's boat on the next dock.

Thanks Pascal. I'm glad to see the Hatt Cam put to good use. It makes we want to get back out on the water.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Pascal,

If you get to Melbourne, call me. I'll come and meet you wherever you end up. Or if you need a place to tie up for the night, come raft up to me.

Jason
    Last edited by J's Dream; 02-21-2008 at 09:49 AM.

hi Jason,

well, I'm passing Melbourne right now ! we made it toCocoa Village Marina last night around 8pm... long day from St Aug... should be in West Palm later this evening...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Looks like Pascal is heading into some worsening weather. Been watching him all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by whaler23 View Post
    Looks like Pascal is heading into some worsening weather. Been watching him all afternoon.
    He is on a nice solid tank -- I have been watching the helm cam this afternoon too!

Not the same as being there...but a whole lot eaiser on the fuel bill.
    I'm watching the winshield wiper slap in time.........
    Its snowing in Chicago
    Wish I were there

Jeff

Around 4pm today, there was a marine warning issued for severe thunderstorms with a possibility of water spout due east of the St. Lucie Inlet (offshore). This is the area where Pascal is was around that time. It rained pretty hard.

Mark

10. Re: day 3 about to start... love these Hatteras

I'm a bit confused...

What happened to day ONE AND TWO....

And he was here in Jacksonville...

HE COULD OF HAD THE THRILL of meeting me !!!

OK, that's a bit of a overstatement......

come to think about it... Just forget I even mentioned that.....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com