Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy survey, broker owner,lier lier pants on fire

I surveyed a 52 1986 hatt yesterday and during the sea trail the turbos catch on fire not one but two of them. I was almost head lines in the fl. paper. This owner/broker is worse than any used car sales men . He lied to the engine mech. It was a night mare. Is there some one that i can write to in fl. about this guy. There has got to be a code of ethics to these broker in fl. I'm in real estate and we have to answer to the state and the board of realtors. This guy turn back the hour meters and on and on thats like turning back the mil. on a car where i come from you could be put in jail for that. Sorry for venting but it is so frustraiting.

2. Re: survey, broker owner,lier lier pants on fire

Well, this is why you do surveys and sea trials!

BOTH turbos went up eh? That had to be fun.....
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: survey, broker owner,lier lier pants on fire

yikes... this is why i like to do a seatrial BEFORE survey!

if there is any evidence of misrepresentation, you need to threaten the broker and the owner. Either they pay for the cost of the aborted survey or you file a complaint.

do a search on myflorida.gov or something like that, yacht brokers are regulated... the threat of a complaint should be enough to get the liar to cough up the survey costs!

start here...
    http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/lsc/ya...HYachtFAQ.html
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Sounds like the broker I dealt with once in Central Florida.
    Lebitch
    73 Hatteras 38' DC

AKA Cast Off and Blast Off

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    yikes... this is why i like to do a seatrial BEFORE survey!

if there is any evidence of misrepresentation, you need to threaten the broker and the owner. Either they pay for the cost of the aborted survey or you file a complaint.

do a search on myflorida.gov or something like that, yacht brokers are regulated... the threat of a complaint should be enough to get the liar to cough up the survey costs!

start here...
    http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/lsc/ya...HYachtFAQ.html

Thanks Pascal -- I will be filing a complaint.

If it can be shown that the hour meters were in fact turned back the broker will be - no pun intended - broke.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

I would like to add that in my broker days some years back I used to get blown away by how many prospective buyers were too cheap to even consider a survey when investing many thousands of dollars on worn out metal and fiberglass. Dudes who think they know all about boats. It was always a riot. Sometimes I'd put it in writing advising them to get a survey just to cover my a** (this was in less regulated states north of FL).

"I don't need no surveyor, I know all I need to know about boats!"
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Uh oh Capt. Bill. I think the sh*ts about to hit the fan............Thems be fighten words round heeeyaaaaa!
    Skrmetta90
    "Longitude 90" - 1973 45C
    Biloxi, MS