Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

View Poll Results: Which categories should we have?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batteries

7 43.75%
  • The Head

7 43.75%
  • Fuel Tanks

8 50.00%
  • Repowering

9 56.25%
  • Detroits

6 37.50%
  • Buying a Hatteras

8 50.00%
  • None - I don't like the idea

4 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Time to get more organized?

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    what we need to do, is copy some good thread into the FAQ section... that i agree with...

Agreed.
    Trav
    45C 447, Series I, '72
    Pensacola, Fl

In my opinion a category for fuel tanks is necessary.It helps to know about it.What is your opinion?

Remember that things change over time. If you ask about 8 volt batteries today the options are different that only 6 months ago. Fuel and fuel tanks is a constantly changing issue with ethanol or without. I think if someone asks a question today they deserve todays answers not what may be out of date information from 6 months ago.

If you seem to be getting upset about people asking similar questions on the forum it may be time to additional hobbies. The idea of the forum is to be current and promote the benefits of belonging to such a group. I don't mind answering the same question more than once. Especially if it is to more than one person ( I have a 9 year old ).

Now if we do update the tech section with sub categories and bring in newer threads as read only that may help make a better database for us to use BUT remember "THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HERE ARE ONLY OPINIONS AND ARE THE OPINIONS OF THE POSTERS AND ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS THE OPINIONS OF SAMS, HATTERAS OR ANY OTHER ENTITY INVOLVED WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE FORUM. ANY USE OF THE INFORMATION IS TO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL NOT IN ANY WAY IMPLY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SAFETY OR OUTCOME OF ANY PROCESS,PROCEDURE OR MODIFICATION FOUND ON THE FORUM."

AND

"REMEMBER TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THE SAFETY PROCEDURES OF YOUR POWER TOOL. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN INJURY. AND DON'T FORGET THE SAFETY GLASSES"

>

Thats the icon for the smiling Norm Abrams with the beard.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.