Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: decent project

decent project

Just got this today... a $4000 buy it now deal. Interesting, ws
    http://www.certifiedsales.com/listings/YS073144.html
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Re: decent project

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    Just got this today... a $4000 buy it now deal. Interesting, ws
    http://www.certifiedsales.com/listings/YS073144.html

Could be a great oppurtunity for an East Coast/Great Lakes two-front project for you Bill!

I looked at several boats that Certified Sales had at their R.I. location. They give you all the access you want to inspect the boat but their estimate of the boats condition is very optimistic. After all it is a salvage yard.
    Fred

At 4K you just hafta know what your getting into. My estimation would be a complete hull that needs just about everything. I just thought if someone REALLLYYY loved antique Hatts, this would be a fair opportunity. Personally, I wouldnt start a job like this until it was 10F with a 20 mph wind. Yummy!!
    ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Lest we forget A REAL CLASSIC !! 1963 36' aluminum Roamer with a ca.1986 AWLGRIP paint job that buffs out like new every 2-3 years. Had this girl since '73 !!
    GEEZ ! Those guys on the paint thred SLAY ME !!! Its like the3 differnce between the "revolution" and the "movement". One goes forward while the other goes 'round and 'round !
    Shes just waiting patiently for the Hatt to get done so they can frolic together! ;-) ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 02-08-2008 at 05:45 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

Bill,
    Be careful posting that beautiful Roamer in the "For Sale" section!

If I ever needed to sell it it would break my heart. My dad bought the boat in '73, died in '80 and I brought the boat to Chicago from Sturgeon Bay Wi. and "started" the restoration. LOL NEVER DONE !! I'll bet that over the years I have well over 200K into a 35K boat. Whos the dummy??? Check out the custom bulwark up front. I need to pay her a visit and take some pics. All that stuff is 35mm and scanning is another job all unto itself! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Bought my 1968 41C from Chapmans in Stuart as a "fixer upper" for 23K. One thing led to another, 2 years and 250K later she was done.

Beware of the project boat.

Of course, I still have her and I'm in the middle of a 34 footer project and I'm trying to go easy on things and I just have the decks, power, front windows and portholes out so far. YIKES!