Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New slip

New slip

I've been trying to move to a new slip for a while. Today the boat came out of the water to replace the side windows, calibrate and balance props, and a bottom job. I went to the new marina and was told "Oh your boat won't fit in our 16 ft. wide slips". That was a shocker since I had just given my 30 day notice at the old marina. This place is too good to be true. It's the old Roosevelt Roads Naval Base. The marina is still operated by the military exchange system even though the base is a ghost town since Puerto Rico threw out the military. My 41 ft. Conv. is $250.00/mo. including water and electric. To top that, diesel is $3.09 as opposed to $3.47 at the old marina.

That said, I am eager to move my boat there but I thought my boat's beam was 15 ft. All my reference books are on the boat. Is my 41 conv. 15 ft. or am I thinking about the 53-58 ft. boats?
    Life is good!

Re: New slip

41C beam is 14'3"

Akin,
    My 1966 41'tc is 14' beam.
    Fred

Hatteras 41 Convertible

1964-1971 Beam - 14'0"
    1986-1991 Beam - 14'3"

Captned

If I had a slip at the RR Marina would I be able to get groceries at the Navy Exchange?