Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

North Carolina Marinas

I am looking at working in Currituck. Does anyone have information on Marinas that allow Liveaboards within a 45 minute drive to Currituck?
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Re: North Carolina Marinas

Fred, just a thought, but have you tried going to www.marinas.com and doing a search thru there? You might also ask the l/a folks at www.livingaboard.com site?

Cheers, Laurie & Jim

The Manteo marinas may take liveaboards. Shallowbag bay, Manteo Town Docks, and then theirs Pirates Cove. You probably could work something out with the one of the Coinjok marinas. Watch your depth finder when running the Currituck sound as it has shoaled.

4. Re: North Carolina Marinas

The 45 min range gives you plenty of choices as you can go as far south as Manteo, towards Elizabth City or even up to Chesapeake. You could look into one of the marinas right around corner in Coinjock. I don't think there is anything right in Currituck except for the ferry dock, but there are many private residences/docks nearby that might just let you do the liveaboard but it would take some hunting. Closest marina north on the ICW is in Pungo, not the newest but was cheap and about 35 to 40mns drive. I used it for hurricane move once as it was well protected. The marina.com idea is good one.

Good luck on it

Thank you. At least now I know its probable.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"