Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Boat identification?

freezing the frames it is clearer, I agree 52c. The dead giveaway is the single step up to the cabin door. The 55C has two steps. I could not see the exhausts, the 52 has side exhausts and the 55 has transom exhausts.

Lots of sharp eyes here, but something troubles me.

In nearly the first frame, it shows a guy coming out of a head, and I think it is a view from the cockpit to the salon (reel and guy in foreground, speaker overhead). Did Hatteras make a SF with a head in that location?

I also suppose that snippet could have been filmed on a different boat since the camera would be most easily placed on a dock. Any thoughts?

DAN

If you look closely, the door looks like a sheet of stained plywood with a unisex(or should it be "unigender") sign on it. Hatteras would never let a yacht leave the factory with something like that in the salon. Either it is a head installed after market or they made a door specifically for that commercial.

Tom,
    If you look at the brochures archive for the 52C, it looks like a closet of some sort just inside the door. The thing can't be more than about 16" deep. What they did, I suspect, is put a restroom sign on the closet door and had the actor close the door as if he just exited the head.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks for the insight, all.

Sky said:
    had the actor close the door as if he just exited the head.
    Unless he actually *used* the closet for that purpose I wouldn't put it past some I have had on my boat!

DAN

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Tom,
    If you look at the brochures archive for the 52C, it looks like a closet of some sort just inside the door. The thing can't be more than about 16" deep. What they did, I suspect, is put a restroom sign on the closet door and had the actor close the door as if he just exited the head.

That is the door for the breaker panel.

I looked at the archives and the breaker panel is located there, but I think Hatteras originally had an upper and lower door. It looks like they covered it with a single plywood panel and put the sign on it for the commercial. Here is a picture of the original doors on a 52C:

Last edited by tom5518; 01-24-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: add picture

You guys have too much time on your hands and I think cabin fever may be setting in. Spring can't get here fast enough.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    You guys have too much time on your hands and I think cabin fever may be setting in. Spring can't get here fast enough.

That is exactly what was going through my mind about myself as I was typing my last post! http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/ima...es/biggrin.gif