Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Database Error

Database Error

What's going on with the site server?

Been getting the above error message for a few days at a time. Seems to be limited to the forum pages as the rest of the SAMS site works. Also seems to happen mostly on weekends & holidays?

Re: Database Error

We have a procedure that stops all the server services and backs everything up on the server around 3:00AM each morning. For some reason, the SQL database service has failed to restart automatically a few times. A couple of times on the weekends and on holidays nobody here caught it which is why it was down over the weekend. I didn't catch it this weekend until Sunday morning because I took a couple of days off and was out in the Everglades with Jeremy.

We've done some things to try and resolve and we'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks
    Attached Images
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com

Re: Database Error

WOW!! Hatteras finally got into building aluminum boats!! Thanks for all the time you spend on the site Doug. It's our lifeline! Best 2 ya, Bill Stephan
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults