Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hatteras Plant Closing

Saw this in today's "Soundings Trade Only"

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/ME2/di...E7A3BB8A9C36C7

I don't know the Swansboro area too well, but losing 200 jobs has to hurt.

Another sign of the times I guess.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Re: Hatteras Plant Closing

That plant was built years ago by Chris Craft. After being idle for a few years Tiara took it over, and then Hatteras. My guess is, according to the article, Brunswick might move the Albemarle production to Swansboro (which is only a few miles north of our buddy Starman on the ICW).

Worth mentioning, Hatteras can probably easily forcast double digit growth sales over 2007 by just building one or more 75(+)' ers in '08.

I'm sorry for the employees of the Swansboro facility. The article dosen't say how soon the other Brunswick entity will take over. A lot of honest and hard working people in that part of the state.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

That plant has not been open very long, at least as a Hatteras plant. We went buy that plant in September of 2006 while were were moving Unity from Detroit to Miami. There was no activity at all at that time. The plant was vacant and there were no cars in the parking lot. I was told then that Hatteras had taken it over from Tiara. Tiara wanted to have all their production done at their Holland Michigan plant. I was told that Tiara had acquired that facility when they bought Pursuit, and that that was orginally the Pursuit plant. So I can't see where Hatteras has been using that place for more than one year. Still hard on the employees, but it isn't like they have been there for ten or fifteen years.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

At least they aren't outsourcing the building of the hulls to china. maybe they can't I think both Imron and Awlgrip have no lead in the paint.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Was that plant originally a Uniflite plant before Chris Craft bought them out?

Quote Originally Posted by tom5518 View Post
    Was that plant originally a Uniflite plant before Chris Craft bought them out?

That is correct.