Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

"Tar Heel Cruise" New Bern,N.C.

Join your fellow 1510 members for a 4-day weekend at the home of Hatteras!
    Dates are June 26-29, 2008 at The Seraton New Bern Hotel and Marina.
    Located on the scenic Trent River waterfront in the heart of historic New Bern,NC., settled in 1710. As the second oldest city in North Carolina, New Bern exudes souther charm and a rich architectural heritage. Museums, historic sites, and unique shops are all within walking distance. You'll be able to explore more than 150 historic landmarks, some dating back to the 18th century.
    Cost: $200.00 per person
    Includes: Thurs-Cash Bar Arrival Meet and Greet Cocktail Party. Local land transportation to tours and dinners; Fri-Hatteras factory tour, Luncheon, Wine Tasting and Dinner; Sat-Luncheon, Local area historic talk and tours, Cocktails and dinner at a local resturant.

Please mail reservation as soon as possible. The 1510 Club Fleet Captain will make reservations.
    Dockage is $1.75 per foot plus power per day.

For those driving or flying, a block of rooms has been reserved at the Sheraton New Bern Hotel at $125.00 per night special rate. The Fleet Captain will make your reservations at he hotel on receipt of your registration.
    SPECIAL NOTE!!! The Sheraton New Bern Hotel will only hold the block of rooms until Feb. 2, 2008.!!!

For additional information and a reg form, please contact the Fleet Captain:
    Harry Hamelink
    Cell: 704-756-1174
    Home: 704-545-1217
    Email hmhamelinkjr@bmienergy.com

Or for additional information:
    www.hatteras1510club.com

Re: "Tar Heel Cruise" New Bern,N.C.

You do know that the Sheraton is undergoing renovations right now!!!!!

Just a reminder folks, To be sure you get the best rooms and rates, it is suggested that you send in your reservation now for this rendezvous!! And yes, we are aware of the renovations. Harry was assured they will have no impact on the gathering. If they do, we will take it out on Harry!!!!! And he will be billed for all of the cocktail parties!

I live in Trent Woods just outside of New Bern and would love to see the 1510 boats however will be out on my bianaual Newport to Bermuda ragboat race then up to N.J. to see my son get married off. Anyone want to rent a house for the weekend?

We just got word that the deadline for the room rates has been extended to Feb 29th. Please dont delay, however. Make your reservationa asap. We would like to get a feel for the number of participants as early as possible!
    Thanks

FYI - If you get a chance and want to go to a GREAT anchorage nearby, go anchor out at Cape Lookout, which is only a few miles out into the Atlantic from Baeufort, NC. It's a really great spot to anchor, a National Seashore, great 360 degree protection from waves, and could handle a hundred boats easily, but there were hardly any there when we went. It's my favorite anchorage in the USA, and near enough to Hatteras that they do shakedown cruises to there with the new Hatteras owners picking up their yachts at the factory.

If you want to see pictures of Cape Lookout (and my Hatteras factory tour), go to my blog here http://dougandkathysboatlog.blogspot.com and click and scroll to April 22nd for Cape Lookout and April 24th for the Hatteras factory.

Doug Shuman
    Last edited by Nonchalant1; 02-15-2008 at 05:57 PM.