Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A milestone!

A milestone!

Happy birthday to Charlie "no dial tone" Freeman! Hope that you stay warm. It was minus 5F here this morning! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Re: A milestone!

OOPS! Almost forgot one for you! Best regards! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 01-26-2008 at 09:05 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Happy B-day Charlie! Hope you are doing well...

Cheers, Laurie & Jim

Happy Birthday, Charlie!! If I had realized in advance, I would have come to Jacksonville for a surprise visit! LOL Truthfully, I haven't had the time to spare away from the boat for any socializing for quite some time now...let's see...coming up on 2 years now - since I bought the boat.

Yachtsmanwillie...that picture is just ugly!! LOL I was complaining that we didn't pass 70 degrees here today. Not really "complaining", just commenting, actually. It's nice to have these cold fronts like that in Miami. I'd never trade life in Miami for anything north of here.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Ya know Ange, the thing I miss the most about Miami and SoFla is the way the humid ocean air smells down there! That, and the tropical frame of mind.
    I AM JEALOUS! Late spring, summer and fall is pretty nice here, but right now I would give it all away to be in your shoes! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

6. Re: A milestone!

I was in the Keys (Sunshine Key) this weekend. Friday and Saturday were super, temp 82, nice seas. We loaded the boat with legal size snappers and a few groupers fishing under the 7 mile bridge.

THEN CAME SATURDAY NIGHT.(Think this is when Ang and Pascal realized I was down there so ordered: ).. severe rain and gale force winds.

No fishing yesterday but our friends took us out for breakfast at IHOP (not a lot of places to eat breakfast in Marathon) and they had the waitress put a candle in my pancakes and sing "happy brithday" in Spanish to me... It was great.

Spent the rest of the day working on his boat then watching the two football games. Left this morning in winds of 25 kts and when we got home to Jacksonville was still in high winds...

Plan on going back in a few weeks, but will NOT tell anyone till after the fact so no bad weather will show up... :}
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Hey, I didn't know you were in the keys!! Did you come right through Miami and not stop to see me? Or did you fly? You better say you flew, even if you didn't!!!

I know that IHOP! That was our breakfast place on our trips to Marathon when Ed and I were down there inspecting and surveying a 58MY. Didn't buy that boat though.

This wind really IS nasty!!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

8. Re: A milestone!

We left J'ville at 3 AM...

Average speed was a whopping 60 mph pulling the boat at 8.2 mpg.

I actually passed a dump truck and a septic tank truck the entire trip.

The other 47,982 cars/trucks/vans/school buses/motorcycles/mopeds passed me.

Got to the RV resort at 2 PM.

Left Monday with just the trailer..... Ave speed was 75 mpg at 16.4 mpg.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com