Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Northeast Rendezvous - Date

Last edited by Mark Giovanniello; 11-21-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Re: Northeast Rendezvous - Date

Mark,

Please post some dates with favorable tides. We'll factor it into our choice.

Trolling for Blue fin sounds like a good Idea can I come???

Oh yeah forgot I already am going!!!!!

So for the date usually mid July to beginning of August is best for most so we will work on the tides in-between the Captains Morgans.
    Last edited by 34Hatt; 01-17-2008 at 10:17 PM.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

My vote would be for the weekend of July 19th as it's sooner rather than later. If we have such a good time, we can always plan another maybe later in the season. As Noel stated, he'd like to go up the Hudson in the Fall. It makes for great foliage viewing.

Anyway, I'd prefer to have the current going with me on the East River because it's a great feeling to pick up 3-4 knots. It sort of makes the boat feel like a real racer at 21 knots. If no help from the current, I'd be happy with slack tide.

Would people leave on Friday and return on Sunday? ...or would this be a Saturday/Sunday trip? I'd love to have a day in the middle to relax and let the engine room cool off.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

Okay, I agree that working the tides is great, but we need Monday and Friday as well. Also, I have only had one hassle near hells gate, and that was not fun. Between the UN and Roosevelt Island I caught 4-6' confused and an idiot in a runabout decided to jump a wave right in front of me. Gave away any headway, ended up turning the wheel hard to port, with port in reverse and starboard forward at throttle to get away from aiming at the seawall.

NYC Harbor patrol flew through there afterwards. Hope they got them.

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Also, a little earlier and later on the tides would be good too... Long ride at 8-10 knots avg
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

yes sirree we hit those rapids once, once mind you see above for that adventure... As for bucking a current, we can time it to catch the outbound from the LI Sound if possible, should be a 3-4 knot push (if I remember correctly from last years Eldridge). I hit Hell gate and the east river right around slack last year inbound to NYC from BI last year around 9:30 - 10 pm was not too bad, just went easy but the kid was finally out by then. Got back to LHYC at 10:30 pm. Ran 8 - 10 knots all the way back from BI for that trip, slow, steady, saved lot's of fuel.

We are looking forward to the trip this year too.

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

I like July 18-19-20. It gets it in fairly early and still leaves the weekends on both sides of July 4th open for those who vacation around then. Early August gets a little tight for me and, as was said, later gets, well, late.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Capt K View Post
    I like July 18-19-20. It gets it in fairly early and still leaves the weekends on both sides of July 4th open for those who vacation around then. Early August gets a little tight for me and, as was said, later gets, well, late.

K

Works for me

Okay, who wants to run that poll?

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ