Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

View Poll Results: Choose the site for the NE Rendezvous

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Essex Island Marina

5 33.33%
  • West Brook

8 53.33%
  • Cedar Island

0 0%
  • Block Island

2 13.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: Last Poll for NE Rendezvous

You bet, all are welcome!

We drove in last year from NJ when we could not get a good weather window. of course NOAA screwed up but..

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

We're alright with Westbrook as well...now, we just have to set a date.

Noel,
    If you want to come visit, you can look in your new Embassy Guide for marinas on the Shrewsbury River in New Jersey. Simplified directions are...from the center or the span for the Verranzano Narrows Bridge in lower NY harbor, proceed at a heading of 180 degrees for about 7 miles to the tip of Sandy Hook. Stay on the west side of the hook and follow the buoys in. Sandy Hook is approximately 7 miles long. From the tip of the hook to our marina, Atlantis Yacht Club (next door to the Channel Club) it's just under 1 hour, including the two draw bridges. First Bridge, Highland Bridge has approx 38' clearance and the second bridge, Sea Bright Bridge, has about 16' clearance. The best part of Sandy Hook Bay is that there are no inlets to run, just wide open water. Just make sure that once you're inside the hook you should stay in the channel. Also, don't get to close to the Navy Pier. They don't like people getting too close to the ships with the munitions.

Let me know when you want to come and visit. Also, we found the difference between an 8 month old and a 2 year old is that the 8 month old can sit in the same place for a while where as the 2 year old wants to inspect every nook and cranny and play with all the cabinets and buttons.

If you want a trip up the Hudson at some point during the summer, it would be great to cruise in a group, even if it's just a weekend.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

Larry,

Sounds good, we are talking about a trip up the Hudson for the fall. Did you vote? As for the trip out to Westbrook, etc... travel as a group? Also, need a bungee cord for the 2yr old? we still have one from our Bulldog. I do plan on using that soon as well.

LOL Erin is already trying to get into everything.

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Great, not looking to stow away! just visit other hatts and owners. I've never been to one before. Thanks for the info.
    I drive Boats and Save People!!!
    See my projects at the link

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ter/?start=all

Not complaining really!!!!! LOL we drove out because of the weather and then right after labor day weekend (the following weekend) I basically singlehanded out to Block and back, the Admiral got to play with the lil one. Great ride, especially on the way back only took us 14 hours I believe.

As for your ride up, when and where will you be stayong at on the way up... Maybe microkap and I are going to run out together.

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Quote Originally Posted by nyrussell View Post
    Not complaining really!!!!! LOL we drove out because of the weather and then right after labor day weekend (the following weekend) I basically singlehanded out to Block and back, the Admiral got to play with the lil one. Great ride, especially on the way back only took us 14 hours I believe.

As for your ride up, when and where will you be stayong at on the way up... Maybe microkap and I are going to run out together.

Noel
    Mark comes back up early usally some time in April.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Have we decided on a date so that I can firm up my calendar? Would people be arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday? I can't wait to start planning the trip. Great winter project on the computer. From the poll, it looks like Brewer's Pilots Point Marina in Westbrook, CT will be the winner. Looking forward to their nice floating docks.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

I'm glad you asked, Larry. I think we have decided on July 18 & 19 which is Friday and Saturday. I was going to ask all to pm me one more time for a final count so I can tell the dockmaster this week. I would like to see as many come Friday as possible and the rest on Saturday. The leaving day would be Sunday unless you want to stay longer.

So far, I have confirmed Skamm Too, Hatterass, Dulcinea, End of the Line, Bandit, and Ocean Commotion. Chime in for the rest now, and I'll get the ball rolling officially.

Capt K

Please count MicroKap in. I know it will be my wife and 2 kids, but not sure if additional "crew" will be coming as well. Looking forward to it.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish