Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

View Poll Results: Choose the site for the NE Rendezvous

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Essex Island Marina

5 33.33%
  • West Brook

8 53.33%
  • Cedar Island

0 0%
  • Block Island

2 13.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Re: Last Poll for NE Rendezvous

Made penne with red clam sauce

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

You still have leftover taters?

Man you should see my fridge, Couple quarts of bisque, couple gallons of chowder and one lonely cooked lobster nobody claimed at the party. Left over corn on the cob & salad is going to our chickens and we have enough soda to last the summer. I think I won't have to buy groceries this week.

Noel, what were you going to do with all the leftover steamers?

The final tally - HOFers consumed:
    55 lbs of lobster
    16 pounds of steamers
    7 pounds of littlenecks
    6 gallons of clam chowder
    3 gallons of lobster bisque

Safe to say no one went home hungry.

BTW - Let's see some pics uploaded.

Guys and gals, I just want to add my thanks to 'Passages' and all the others who put so much work and time into making the rendezvous a success. This was my first Hatteras rendezvous and I really enjoyed it as well as meeting the folks I only knew by screen names.

Bob

O.K

Anyone with picture email them to me I will you some of my own web space so they don't have to be downsized!

I will get on it tomorrow after I get back to work. Still at the Boat

Also Thanks to Kevin for his part of dockage and breakfast! It was a lot of people doing their part that makes these into such a great time.

So email me all the picture and I will build a album!

34hatt@optonline.net
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

All.....

Well in a nutshell - wonderful time..........

As stated by Noel (nrussell), we met in Lower Manhatten near the Battery and went up the East river through Hell Gate and into the LI Sound. We had a "push" almost all the way ranging from 1 - 2 K. As they say, for free take. We ran at about 1200 RPM which in slack water makes about 9 - 9 1/2 K except for the run from Sandy Hook, NJ to the Battery (about an hour) during which time we ran right around 17 K. (lots of fuel) Even with that short burst and the Gen running we probably used about 125 gal (est) going and somewhat less returning.

The return trip was also with a "push". Kind of going downhill in both directions. We did have a Bird with us however and I guess all that wing flapping must have been the reason for the push.

Now for a bit of Tech stuff...... My boat "Guppy", has a pair of 6/92s with a weird eshaust system. At approx 1000 R's the excess engine cooling water goes out the sides ( p & s) as well as out the exhausts. Probably because as I understand, my boat was supposed to have 6/71Ns as standard with the 92s optional.

About 3 years ago I installed 4 new mufflers as the originals were "gutted" on the inside and had water leaks at the intake seams. Seemed strange to me at the time, but I figured after 22 years they just bought the farm or were made of inferior materials. The new exhaust sounds great - read, very quiet. Along the way, I make it a standard practice to do a "walk about" and inspect everything that runs and when I opened the doors in the Master stateroom to look at the mufflers to check for water leaks (there never have been any), I happened to place my hand on them and was surprised that they were pretty hot on the Port side engine. Slightly warm on the Stb side. Further inspection by bobk and I indicated that the water discharge out the sides was greater out the stb side and we concluded that the impeller probably needed to be replaced. The engine temps ran about 160 on both and held steady, but I did remember that during our "high" speed run from Sandy Hook, the port engine was just slightly over 180 (probably about 182 or so) and the Stb engine was slightly below 180. I attributed the difference to guage/sender variation.

Upon checking in at Pilots Point, I requested a mechanic to check out and replace the impeller on the port side. On Sat AM, a young man by the name of Matt was sent over and when he removed the face plate from the pump to expose the impeller, he said that the impeller looked pretty good. Since it was in over 2 years at least, I asked him to pull it and inatall a new one. When the old impeller was removed, we were both surprised to find that the splined shaft just "flopped" about which of course meant that the bearing was shot. Fortunately, I had a complete new rebuild kit from Detroit on board and Matt removed the pump and took it to his shop to rebuild it. He returned a little while later with all the new parts installed and re-installed the pump. Total time from his arrival to completion was over 3 hours.

His supervisor showed up a few minutes later with my bill, which I fully expected to be over $500 and to my surprise was only slightly over $200 for the labor portion and $84.50 for the new impeller. Wow what a deal. My point for this extra long rant is that as we all know, the marine pleasusre boat industry is pretty much the last vestiges of legalized piracy.. This experience dispelled that.

I must say that if this is typical of the Brewer Company's business philosophy, then hooray for Brewers.. I plan to write them a nice letter soon to thank them.

Walt

It's great that a marina treated you fairly as I am too often seeing the other. I believe they are an example of what is good in the industry. I also think the Bird JUJU was involved.

Now really Randy has been out on my boat without incident so you can't really blame him but it is fun to try.

I wish I was able to attend this past one but I will be trying to work out the one for next year. In the mean time I, Steve ( 1967hatt34C ), Kent ( shvldis) and Bob ( Wild Bill ) will always be ready for visitors if anyone should wander down our way.

For the other local Hatt guys who I did not name please do not take offense as I am a lazy typer. We have about 30 classic Hatts in a 10 mile area here in Fl.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Walt, seeing is believing! The mechanic had the pump out bearing in pump back on and the engine was running before I finished my 4th cup of morning coffee! Nice service!

See you next year; pleasure to spend the time with you!