Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Miami Boat show HOF Party, Friday feb 15th

Sky, were you parking at the Rusty Pelican or in the marina facilities? The RP is always crowded. The marina facilities are reserved for us and RP customers cannot park there. With advance notice, I can get car passes for guests which can be picked up at the office if you arrive before the office closes. Otherwise, I can get them in advance and leave them at the security guardhouse at dock entrance.

We need to make a plan on this. If we anchor out, I would suggest the Stadium Bay area to make shuttling of others quick and easy. It may be possible to shuttle you right to the shore of the parking lot and avoid the "go around" to the dock itself. However, with anchoring out and shuttling back and forth, the shuttle driver may be pretty "busy" that night. Pascal, what do you think?

The alternative is this - there are empty slips on both sides of me. We could put Pascal on one side and Mario on the other. Just a thought.

If we get one of those big "blows" that are not uncommon during the winter, shuttling will NOT be fun (or dry).
    Last edited by Angela; 01-29-2008 at 12:59 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Ang,
    We ate the RP and then it was so windy and cold that I drove down to your guardhouse instead of walking. We parked outside the gate, but with no pass, it looked like we weren't supposed to be there.

Once you guys have a plan, just let us know. I thought of either parking at or near our rendezvous point and getting a ride to the show and back OR parking near the show and then driving to wherever you guys are later. I was just looking for pointers in advance to reduce time waiting in traffic or looking for a space.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Ang, Pascal, do either of you have room for another couple? Barb and I are doing the show on Thursday and driving back to Marathon, but we are real tempted to return for the HOF party.

Bob
    Chateau de Mer
    1981 48MY

Bob,

I'm sorry, but Sanctuary is fully booked for that evening. Maybe Pascal? Maynard, are you looking for an extra pair of hands to bring Unity out?
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

i don't think i have any room on board that week end, sorry !

if the weather is decent (no cold front and normal winds) we could anchor out off brickell Key and bayside...

this would allow us to do short runs to bayside to pick up folks who can find easy parking there. since it's also served by the Show shuttles, it's pretty easy for those who may want to park downtown and take the shuttles so convention center and other locations. Depends how many we need to shuttle, if Ed brings the monster rib we can share duty between his rib and my hobber.

if we raft up in marine stadium, it's easy to pick up and drop off on the beach, but your marina is likely to enforce parking on a friday night, arent' they?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Hey Bob, I thought you were asking if any of us had "a room" not just "room to join the party" - I probably thought that because I've had so many requests for overnight accommodations. Walter set me straight! Between all of us, we have plenty of room for anyone to join the Friday night get-together party! So, make your plans to join in on the festivities.

Pascal, Friday nights this time of year are not all that bad in terms of parking. It's the day time hours on Saturday and Sunday that get hectic, more so during the summer. As for the Rusty Pelican...they are slammed at night, but they can't park in our lot. Also providing some parking relief is the fact that the marina kicked the Yage Bay Club out, so we don't have that huge crowd trying to park from midnight to 4AM. It's been pretty quiet here, actually. If I get a list of how many guests I have coming, I can get parking passes in advance and put out cones in the lot to make sure we have adequate spaces available. How many? Well, I've never tested the request for "a crowd", but I'm on really good terms with management.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

sounds good... we can probably raft up in the stadium if windy or just off the stadium if calm (view is nicer)

you can invite Jay or whoever is in charge...

Mario, you're going to be there, right ? if so that will be all 3 1510s together.. that' room for 150 guests ... :-) plus Unity and whoever is in town !

it's only 10 minutes from downtown anywya.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

We'll be there. Sounds like the makings of a great party!

BTW, I'm buying another big round bumper this weekend. $100 @ River Marine in case we do raft up.
    Last edited by MarioG; 01-29-2008 at 09:20 PM.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

I've had some calls on how we intend to organize the HOF get together. We'll work on a plan with those who are bringing Hatts. Meanwhile, I'd like to see how many people we have coming so we can determine the best way to accommodate everyone as a group.

From what I personally know, have heard from others, and from what I've read in this thread, I believe the attendees thus far to be as listed below. If you're not on this list but should be, please speak up!

Pascal (and his entourage - he usually has a lot of women in his company - everyone wants to be "that guy" LOL)
    SkyCheney (517-930-2011)
    Maynard (313-701-1179)
    Mario (and the whole family! Good people!)
    Walter P
    Passages (860-575-2122)
    Bobk (410-215-3865 or 410-215-9699)
    Freebird
    Egaito (678-570-7145)
    Angela (786-314-9314)
    Doug Langley
    Steve ("SAM")
    Skrmetta90
    Fanfare (314-223-8500)
    J's Dream (321-626-2115)

Hey, CaptNed, can you come out and play? You're a local! You should be here.
    Last edited by Angela; 02-06-2008 at 09:36 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Ang, I'm not familiar with Miami. can you send an address so we can get driving directions? What time should we arrive? And what to bring to the gathering? Thanks,

Bob