Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Miami Boat show HOF Party, Friday feb 15th

Looks like we are looking at friday evening. I PM'd Doug and it's a good evening for the Sam's crew.

We'll probably raft up at least Angela's 58 and my 53 off downtown on the bay (mario, are you going to join us ?). this will allow us to shuttle late arrivals or those who need to leave early with the dink, either at Angela's Marina (Rickenbacker) or even bayside which is just across the flats.

Bayside maybe convenient for those without a car.

unfortunately, since bayside is the site for strictly sail, we probably won't be able to go behind the stage so Angela won't be able to show off her (bow flag)pole dancing routine ! :-)

Please RSVP to this thread which we'll keep as a sticky for a while.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Miami Boat show HOF Party, Friday feb 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    . . . so Angela won't be able to show off her (bow flag) pole dancing routine ! :-)
    It's not MY routine! It was Naomi who had a special fondness for the bow flag pole!!! Remember that I commented I thought she might want to take it home with her?

Anyway, back to the RSVP...I cannot commit my boat until I confirm the booking on the last stateroom since any kind of excursion out of the slip will need to be with the unaninous consent of all of the B&B guests. For any B&B guests who might have other plans that evening, the boat would have to remain in the slip and available to them at any time they would choose to come and go. I'll have to wait and see. I know Passages, who will be staying on Sanctuary, is game. I'm hopeful that whoever takes the last stateroom is an HOFer as I'm sure any member here would want to participate in a HOF get together.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

well, we'll have to make it work on a little 53 then :-)
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

You can count Lynne & I in. Our plan is to attend the show on Friday, so just let us know when and where to meet up. And.....Thanks, in advance, for the hospitality.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Did someone say party? count us in for a raft up for now. I'll confirm my days off later this month.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

Hey Pascal..Can I bum a ride with you from Dinner Key for the party? I will be alone for that week. We just got here yesterday. God, the weather is beautiful here in Miami.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Hi Maynard... I'm sure that can be arranged :-)
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

With some luck, I'll find a place to keep my RIB, which can be used to shuttle in/out.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

I will be batching it that weekend, so if it is a nice calm day, I will single hand Unity and tie up to Pascal or someone else. If the weather is not good,(if that is possible in Miami), I will bum a ride with Pascal. I do want to show off Unity's new polish job.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Last year parking was not too much fun. I drove out to Collins Ave and then ended up in a lot that was quite a ways north of the show. The shuttle was fine, but then we drove out from there to see Angela and Ed. The parking at the Rusty Pelican was not much better.

So, what is the best place to park, if any? And, since we plan on hooking up with the floatilla, where can we park for that? Is there one place to go and then venture out from there for both the show and the later festivities?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI