Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1988 53' Classic in NY for sale

As spring SLOWLY approaches, I just wanted to reiterate that my 1988 53' Classic is up for sale. I believe, again, believe it to be the last 53 Classic made. The original owner that I purchased it from told me that.
    I am asking $375k and there's some wiggle room there. I have been told, and agree, that this is possibly the nicest 53 on the market anywhere, at any price. I will be launching in the Hudson River probably in mid to late April 125 miles north of NYC where it's docked. You may view "Clear Horizons" at
    http://www.53hatteras.com for full details.
    I welcome your questions and comments and thanks for looking. Happy New Year.

Andrew

Re: 1988 53' Classic in NY for sale

Nice

Just curious, what hp are those 6-92's rated at?

I think all the 53's that had 92's were rated at 465hp. But I could be wrong since it looks like he has water jacketed turbos. All of the others I have seen in the late 53MY's or ED's have blankets.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 01-06-2008 at 11:01 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Absolutely beautiful........ Damn I wish my club would permit boats over 50'. The 53 Hatteras (both ED and Classic) were/are the most beautiful boat designed by anyone. Jack Hargrave's masterpiece.

Good luck.... I hope you get a good price

Walt P

Hi Andrew

Would you please give me a telephone call re: your yacht on my cell.

401-743-5590

Regards
    Dennis